Friday, January 10, 2020

What Dramas Am I Watching This Week?

So here's what I'm watching this week! Of course the list is split by country and the amount of episodes I've seen so far are written below! There will be spoilers from now on so if you aren't caught to the episode number on list, you might want to go watch that episode and then come back! If you're interested in previous lists, click here and if you want to see a list of my favorite asian OTPs and ships, click here!

KDRAMA


Love With Flaws (28/32):A romantic comedy about a woman who has an aversion for flower boys and a man who has an obsession with appearance as they overcome the prejudices against people with flaws. Joo Seo Yeon is a hot-blooded physical education high school teacher with a strong personality. 365 days and 24 hours, she is wearing her training uniform or jeans and sneakers. Because she suffered hardships due to her handsome older and younger brothers, she hates flower boys. Her ideal type is a “not handsome guy”. She will enter into conflicts with handsome Lee Kang Woo in everything. Lee Kang Woo is the chairman of boards of the high school. He is a man who is incredibly arrogant and is obsessed with appearance. He likes the attention of others and loves his looks. He spends 12 hours of his day to improve his looks. He has a flawless and handsome appearance. However, he has a secret that no one knows: he is suffering from past trauma. 15 years ago, he was overweight and ugly. This was when he got rejected by Seo Yeon. He had to change school after he had acute enteritis in the school bus. While meeting with a well-known psychologist, he realized that his irritable bowel syndrome disorder is connected to that girl of 15 years ago. He became the chairman of the school she is working at. She has changed so much, in the past, she hated ugly men and now hates handsome men.

Ignore me while I scream about how much I love this show and every single couple in it! I'm so glad that Kang Woo found out about Seo Yeon and what happened with her parents cause as much fun as I was having watching Kang Woo and Seo Yeon be totally depressed in the most hilarious way one of the best things about this show is how they don't drag out secrets. I actually really liked that Kang Woo tried to stay away for a bit cause if he'd been like I don't care he'd be kind of an ass but I was glad that it didn't last long and that Seo Yeon and Kang Woo are going to be a real couple now or so I hope. For my Min Hyuk update he's still the worst and I don't know why the show is portraying her weird obsession as anything less than stalkery. I mean when he punched Kang Woo for trying to talk to Seo Yeon he crossed so many lines and I don't care what a sad sob story he has. I'm also LIVING for Won Suk's story cause I love how protective he is of Ho Dol and how just like all the other siblings he's managed to find the person who's his exact opposite. Won Jae and Seo Jun are so soft that they need strong women while Seo Yeon and Won Suk are strong so they need soft men. I love how Won Suk's story is just so tragic and emotional and the show is just tossing it in like it's nothing different cause everything Won Suk is dealing with could be done if he wasn't gay and that's why I adore it. I super feel bad for Seo Jun who's going to be in a world of pain soon enough cause of that jealous trainee but I can't imagine that once he tells Hyun Soo that he's not living with Joo Hee in a house alone but with his three siblings and two other girls that he'll care much. I also loved that Kang Hee was the one to kiss Won Jae first and I'm low key thrilled that she's the first one to find out how intertwined all of them are cause I'll be curious to see what she does.
FINISHED Psychopath Diary (16/16): Yook Dong Sik was running away from the scene of a murder and got into an accident. After waking up, he had no recollections of his memory and does not even know who he is. He only has with him a diary that recorded the process of murders and mistakes himself as a serial psychopath killer. Yook Dong Sik, a 34-year-old employee. He thinks that he is a psychopath. He is so weak and timid that he can’t refuse anything at work and people at his office are using him. He became the scapegoat at his company. All his friends, colleagues and family are turning his back on him. He decided to leave this world and even wrote a suicide note. The place he decided to commit suicide is the murder scene. He got amnesia because of an accident at the scene and got the psychopath’s dairy in his hands. When he woke up, he thinks that he is the murderer. Shim Bo Kyung, a 30-year-old, neighborhood police officer. She meets Dong Sik when he has amnesia. The more she knows about his story, the more she finds an unexpected look in him. She wants to catch the serial killer with Dong Sik as a partner of investigation. Seo In Woo, 36-year-old, the director of the company Dong Sik works in. He is a cold and meticulous psychopath who lost his diary. On the day of his 7th crime, he met Dong Sik and things went wrong. He lost his diary where all his daily life and course of crime was written.

So the finale for this show aired this week and honestly not only am I just glad this show is over but I'm low key shocked at how I made it through the whole thing being that this show just didn't work for me. I suppose this just goes to show you how much I adore Yoon Shi Yoon and what I'll put up with for him. I think this show was funnier at the start of the series especially before In Woo found out that Dong Sik thought that he was the predatory killer but it's kinda hilarious how the show never stopped with the bromance between the two which defs was the best part of this show. I do think that it's a bit out of character for In Woo to have lost it the way he did cause he always seemed so much more calm and rational about his killings than the haphazard way he was doing them in the finale. I also think it's super weird that In Woo's right hand woman still stuck by his side after finding out that he was not only the predatory killer but also watching him kill his own father. Having said that I did love that Dong Sik's coworkers took his side and tried to help and though it was so relieving to see Dong Sik's name being cleared at the end, part of me does think Dong Sik should have joined the police cause he's actually really good at reading criminals after watching and reading so much crime drama. The rest of me though likes the idea that he became a novelist cause that's an even better way of using his crime knowledge without getting his hands dirty as a cop or otherwise. It was also super weird that Dong Sik and Bo Kyung never got together but I'm okay without it cause I never really shipped them that much anyway. Overall I think this show was mostly meh with some humor and laugh-out-loud moments thrown in but not enough to save this drama so I'd give it a 6.5 / 10.
Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim Season 2 (2/16): “Romantic Doctor Kim” is a “real doctor” story set in a small, humble hospital called Doldam Hospital. It is a story about people who meet Kim Sa Bu (Han Suk Kyu), a genius doctor, and discover “real romance.” Kim Sa Bu once gained fame as a top surgeon at a huge hospital. One day, he left the industry, and now he is a chief surgeon at Doldam Hospital in the countryside. After he conducted a successful operation on Chairman Shin, he gets to improve the hospital under reliable support. But then Chairman Shin passes away. New people appear and his students had to leave the hospital. Furthermore, his wrist, which was injured three years ago, starts to act weird. After all, he goes to a huge hospital himself to solve the manpower shortage at Doldam Hospital, where he finds two people who resemble his former students but who seem much more lacking. Seo Woo Jin would do anything for money, and Cha Eun Jae runs out every time she goes into a surgery room. Will Kim Sa Bu be able to run Doldam Hospital with these two?

So this may or may not be horrible of me but I never actually got through season 1 of this show for no particular reason other than the fact that I just didn't love the main leads but I low key had to check this season out cause Ahn Hyo Seop was the male lead and you all know how much I adore him so here I am! So far I'm not finding that I'm missing too much by not having seen the first season other than a few things here and there with the major one being the antagonist of this show and why he seems to hate Dr Kim and Doldam Hospital but I think it's pretty self explanatory and honestly I don't entirely need a backstory for the villain cause either way he's just going to play the role of getting in Dr Kim's way. Woo Jin is a highlight as I expected him to be and I don't think his love for money plays out at poorly as the show wants us to believe while Eun Jae is a little annoying but I'm hoping I'll warm up to her. It is a little strange that she's still trying to force herself to be a surgeon when she so clearly can't handle it and it's like there's nothing wrong with being another kind of doctor. Ah Reum is also a main character or so it seems in this show and she's so cute and I low key hope that she gets some sort of romance with Eun Tak the OR nurse cause Kim Min Jae is too popular an actor to have nothing to do all season! If I end up loving this season maybe I'll go back and watch the first.
Stove League (7/16): Baek Seung Soo is the newly appointed general manager of professional baseball team Dreams. The team ranks bottom of the league. Lee Se Young is the operations manager of the team and also a big fan of the baseball team. She has so much love for Dreams and she never gives up on the team. Han Jae Hee, an energetic man, who is the grandson of a furniture maker. Kim Young Chae, who is a softball player turned sports announcer. Yoo Min Ho, a pitcher, who is crazy about baseball.

You know a part of me wants to complain about the politics in this show but the rest of me knows that this is kind of what I signed up for and it overall enjoys the way Seung Soo has to outwit his opponents but the thing is that for some reason chaebol politics really just irritate the hell out of me so any problem Seung Soo has to deal with that is caused directly by Director Kwon is hard to watch. I have a feeling that Director Kwon is picking on Seung Soo so much despite having hand-chosen him to be General Manager is cause though he and Jaesong wants to get rid of Dreams, they don't want all the backlash from the public so he's planning on messing up everything internally so that by the time they dissolve the team the public won't care. In my opinion though he really should have let Seung Soo do what he originally wanted and take Dreams to the championship cause Jaesong would make more money by selling the team! It's also super weird to me that no one in the Dreams management or team thinks of Jaesong at all. Why blame Seung Soo for budget cuts when he has no role in picking it?? Also a vindictive side of me wonders why Kwon is always at Dreams like don't you have your own work to do? In the same vein I'm high key annoyed that Ex-Scout Manager Go is back and teaming up with the hitter we traded at the top of the show and I'm sure Kwon isn't far behind. I do wonder if Seung Soo will get around Go by telling him who he's getting into bed with cause I can't imagine that no matter how far he fell Go wouldn't care about Dreams being disbanded when this team was his whole life. On another note I did love everything we got with Seung Soo's brother and I was actually wrong about the bitchy reporter cause she wasn't the girl that ate dinner with Seung Soo at the start of the show. I'm sure that her interviewing Robert Gil will come back and bite us in the ass.
Touch (2/16): A popular make-up artist, known for his never-ending quest for perfection, Cha Jung Hyeok was at the top of his game. But destiny, it seemed, wouldn’t let him stay there for long. Now unemployed and drowning in debt, Jung Hyeok is desperate to find a way out of this most miserable of slumps; but he’s not the only one. An idol trainee for the past ten years, Han Soo Yeon is desperate to finally get her big break. Deciding it’s now or never, she agrees to participate in an idol audition program, but fails to make the cut. Booted from the program, Soo Yeon finds herself wondering if this is really the path she’s meant to take in life. Desperation and destiny come together in unexpected ways when Jung Hyeok and Soo Yeon cross paths. After finally landing a much-needed job as a make-up artist, Jung Hyeok agrees to take Soo Yeon under his wing. Noticing that his new assistant shows an incredible aptitude for the art, Jung Hyeok is happy to teach her everything he knows. As the two grow closer, they slowly learn to let go of the broken dreams of the past as they steadily walk towards a future full of bright new dreams, together.

I was looking forward to checking this show out cause from the synopsis it sounded very similar to Perfume that show about modeling that I tried to watch last year but I couldn't get into cause I hated the male lead so I had hoped that this show would have a better main couple for me to root for. I adore shows set in the beauty and makeup world and other than Face Off which was a cdrama about monster movie makeup I hadn't watched a drama about makeup so I was all in. So far I'm having a lot of fun with this cause I love our male lead Jung Hyeok who's so quirky and hilarious but still swoony and competent which I adore. The female lead Soo Yeon feels a bit like every other cut-and-paste female lead where she's poor and at the end of her ropes and joins the male lead's company and bumbles around at first before I'm sure she'll kick ass. Having said that I don't entirely mind it yet and I'm looking forward to where the romance in this show goes but I do hope that the whole makeup emphasis doesn't fall second to the romance cause I'm seriously loving all the emphasis on makeup! I also love the second male lead but low key he's such an ass cause he really doesn't think about Soo Yeon and how much pain he put her through not only by getting her fired in order to hide his own antics but also by trying to ruin her first day on the job when he knows that it's only her first day. 

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment