Thursday, November 9, 2017

Arrow Season 6 Episode 5 Review

As expected, this was an awesome episode of Arrow and honestly every time Slade shows up it is but something about the writing this week was so solid! Everyone was written amazingly and so in character and were at the top of their game! Definitely the best episode of Arrow so far!

Let's start with Slade and Oliver. I still think it's kind of hilarious how quickly Oliver seemed to forgive Slade cause afterall he did murder his mother and he did run away when he could have helped the team back on Lian Yu but I guess that's all ancient history and we don't really need a rehash of that. I loved that Oliver was the one to go in and be diplomatic but like did anyone really believe that Joey was dead? I mean seriously. That would have been such a cop out cause why go through all this trouble to get nowhere. I actually gasped out loud when we found out that Joey was actually the leader of the gang though I kind of figured that he must be something as he was Slade's son and everything. Also side note, how did Oliver wake up after being drugged and make it to the warehouse just moments after Slade did? Also no mask or hood or anything Oliver? You're just going to stroll in with your famous (beautiful) face on display?

I also loved that Oliver asked Felicity what he should do and how supportive she was even if we found out later on that neither she nor Diggle were all too comfortable with Slade. The writing for her was so on point this episode and I'm loving that their relationship is much more solid and believable than before. No artificial drama here. I was expecting her to stroll in and give Oliver a hard time for working with Slade so I'm so happy that didn't happen. I also loved that she was the one to tell him to tell William the truth about where he was going and that she was right that William would understand. I'm definitely warming up to William because they've finally stopped writing him as a spoiled brat (I hate kids on TV shows) but I won't fully be on board with him until he supports Oliver as the Green Arrow.

The FBI lady is so strange cause I feel like she knows what's up and she's been giving the team a hard time but also she doesn't care that Oliver skipped town this week? Like shouldn't they have been following him or keeping tabs on him? I had the same question last week tbh. Also the meetings she has with Team Arrow are so awkwardly short that I really don't understand their purpose. She's not asking any questions really so how is she putting together a case with no evidence other than theories and speculation. I mean it's not hard to connect the dots cause Oliver only hangs out with a few people but you can't win a case without evidence.

I loved Dinah tonight and the reveal of Vigilante being her ex-husband (or boyfriend? They were unclear.) I love Dinah and I thought she killed it this week with her shock at realizing who Vigilante was. I also loved that she let Vincent go in the end and that she realized that he was still in there under the hood. I'm assuming at some point Vigilante is going to join Team Arrow cause honestly why not. He is a hero in the comics so.  I had thought that maybe Joey would be Vigilante with how much they were talking about him last season and this season but I'm actually really on board with this reveal and I want Vincent to stick around cause he's fascinating and I want to see where he and Dinah go!

More Deathstroke next week which is fun! I can't wait to learn more about Joey and honestly who really believes Slade will do anything to Oliver. Their bromance is strong right now. Do we think that Team Arrow will be worried that Oliver's not back yet and maybe come after him? That would be fun! I think the four-way crossover is in two weeks so I assume that Oliver will take back the Green Arrow mantle next week.

I'll see you all Monday for my Supergirl review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment