Monday, November 13, 2017

The Flash Season 4 Episode 6 Review

I want to be positive and say I liked this episode but I really don't care for Ralph's character and I'm still pretty bitter they replaced Wally with him and gave him a better sidekick storyline. I did enjoy the ending of the episode though and some of the stuff with Harry was interesting so it wasn't the worst episode of the Flash I've seen so positives I guess?

Let's start with the Ralph stuff. So first of all what's up with his horrid costume. I did laugh at all the jokes with it from Ralph thinking it was a tarp to him complaining about how tight it was to asking Barry for help to get into it. Despite this, it seems very strange that Cisco would make it. I'm going to assume it's cause he doesn't like Ralph so he didn't feel like making him a cool suit. Even Mon El's black pants and shirt was a better costume. He went through the thing that all these sidekicks seem to in that he doesn't understand that saving people is the most important part of being a hero. I enjoyed his powers more this week though I think it's cause we saw grey material stretching and not something that was supposed to look like skin. I'm still waiting for when he gets to do cool shit and something more than just stretching his arm or body. I just watched an episode of Justice League Action with Plastic Man (who I know is a different character than Elongated Man but they have similar powers) and he got to do so much fun stuff with his powers that I'd like to see.

Also I really hope since Ralph is going to be around constantly that he'll have a good arc into becoming a good guy cause he's such a piece of shit and for some reason everyone (in the audience) loves it. Like I don't want to drag the real world in but honestly this was probs not the best episode to air after the stuff that's been going on behind the scenes. I mean Ralph was literally going around calling out women's body measurements. Even Mon El who a lot of people disliked for being a frat boy didn't do stuff like that.

Now onto Harry. I always like seeing different versions of Harry so tonight was fun. I loved that Harry started to dislike the other versions of himself because of traits that he found annoying in them that as Cisco pointed out was in him too. I also loved the scene where all the different versions of Harry had to apologize to each other and point out something they liked in the others. It was such a school thing to do and I loved it. Cisco's exasperation with the whole situation really just made all of it.

I loved the final reveal of DeVoe and the surprise and confusion that Barry and Joe felt. Ugh he's so smart and I knew that they would stage something like that to confuse Barry. I am hoping though that Barry and the others don't just immediately dismiss him as the Thinker cause they should know after Eobard Thawne as Harrison Wells in a wheelchair, anything is possible! I can't wait to see more!

Lol spoke too soon. It looks like Barry will still suspect DeVoe but everyone else won't next week. I wonder if everyone will realize that Barry's right or if he'll have to drop it to appease the others which will make them all look kind of silly when the reveal comes. It looks like there will be a bit of a dark tone for the episode which is interesting!

Tune in Thursday for my Arrow review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment