Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The Flash Season 4 Episode 8 Review

I am living for this crossover tbh and this may have been my favorite episode so far! I love how even though these episodes are technically broken up, everyone is so mixed up that it feels like one big movie rather than 4 episodes! Let's jump in!

Okay so I want to start in Star Labs on Earth 1. I loved seeing evil Kara and our Kara talk about humans v gods and how they're not human. It was great cause our Kara was having a struggle with this idea on Supergirl all season and I hope that now that she sees evil Kara talking about how she's better than humans that it'll jump start her into enjoying her life again and being human whether that means she'll move on or talk to Mon El or just live her life. I loved seeing a quick shot of everyone in the pipeline and I snorted at Dinah's comment on Cisco and Harry being really annoying. Where were Rene and Curtis though? I thought they were placed in the pipeline as well. I thought that this episode would somehow end in them being freed so that they could stop Eobard and evil Oliver because despite how much I love the girls, I didn't think they'd be able to save Kara alone.

Speaking of Felicity and Iris, I was living for their badassness. I think they were stronger and more smarter tonight than they were in that terrible girls night Flash crossover. Iris was able to come up with good plans and Felicity did her thing and saved Kara even if it was for a moment. I loved seeing them sneak around Star Labs undetected and I love how because they're not actually superpowered or fighters that everyone overlooked them long enough for them to kick some ass. They did manage to call the Legends for backup so they'll be fine though I totally thought they would pop in at the end before Felicity was killed by Eobard thus preventing the Earth X evil plan but also saving the girls. I also wanted a bit more interaction between our Felicity and evil Oliver cause though he loves evil Kara, we all know Olicity will get married in Legends so I wanted a sort of realization from her that this was not her Oliver and that she wants to marry her Oliver.

Now to the best part of the episode over at Earth X. It slays me every time how even when the crossover is supposed to focus on Barry that Oliver is always in the mainstage and I love it cause I freaking love him.

We met a few more familiar faces in Leonard Snart although on this Earth he's Citizen Cold, Winn though he's General Schott here, an evil Quentin and a new face in Ray. I thought he was Booster Gold for a second and I got all excited but then after googling it really quick he's actually called The Ray and he has light powers so it was less exciting though I love the actor who played him. I loved seeing Cold flirt with Sara for a few seconds cause you know how much I shipped them and I loved seeing a colder Winn in the general and I was so glad that Alex's talk didn't change his mind cause it would have been so out of character for that to happen. We also got a little Red Tornado which was awesome and Earth X Felicity who I gasped at seeing. I definitely did not expect that and I loved Oliver's face when he realized who evil Quentin brought in. Of course Oliver couldn't help but to save her cause Felicity's his girl no matter on what Earth.

An evil version of the Wave Rider was sent to Earth 1 which will be something for the Legends later tonight I'm assuming. I loved Alex and Sara's talk about sisters and I completely forgot how alike they were. I know Victor Garber is leaving the show but I really didn't expect him to die cause that really closes the door on him ever returning. Gideon brought Sara back from the dead last season so if we bring him through the breech, he should be fine right? For some reason I thought it was more likely for Jax to die tonight.

Only one episode left of this crossover so make sure to check out my Legends review later tonight!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment