Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 8 Review

Well I laughed, I cried and I screamed out of joy and now the 4-part crossover is over!

I'm not entirely sure how to break up this episode cause everything was so intertwined but I guess let's start with Stein. So he did not die in the Flash episode but survived long enough to rip my damn heart straight out of my chest. I was sobbing like a damn baby when he said goodbye to Jax and Jax was sobbing because he didn't want Stein to leave him. I loved their relationship and I loved how many lives Stein touched when he was around. Jax telling Clarissa and Lily about Stein's death broke my heart and then the funeral really just tore me apart as if I wasn't sad enough. It was strange cause I didn't think I cared about Stein this much but I think because of how everyone else reacted, I was more torn. His funeral was lovely and I loved Jax's speech and Caitlin telling him to tell Ronnie she misses him.

Now back to the beginning with the evil Earth X-ers. The Legends came in and saved the day in five seconds which I loved cause they are superpowered and it would have been totally unbelieveable if they couldn't stop a few men with guns. I loved Felicity's speech about how evil Oliver would have to go through her to get to Kara and even evil Oliver was like damn girl. I also laughed out loud at our Oliver appearing with evil Kara like he knew what was up and stopped there first. Evil Kara's death was a bit anticlimactic but expected cause the show basically gave our heroes a way to stop the strongest of the Earth X-ers. I also loved the juxtaposition between Barry and Oliver in that Barry couldn't kill Eobard and let him go while Oliver didn't hesitate for a second before killing evil Oliver. Sidebar: I know Barry couldn't kill Eobard but why did he just let him go? Couldn't he have tried to lock him up or something??

I can't wait to see how this crossover effects Kara and Alex in the future cause I feel like Alex is now probably officially over Maggie and Kara is probably ready to embrace being human again. I love that Alex's love life has been given such amazing consideration and that it's been written to well. We got such a great couple of scenes in which she tried to move on, regretted it but ultimately realized that there has to be more than one great love out there for her and I can't wait to see who she is. I hope we meet her soon.

Also why did Earth X Leonard Snart decide to stay on Earth 1 when he clearly is in love with Ray and has a home on Earth X? Did he leave with the Legends? I thought Wentworth Miller was done with the Arrowverse after this crossover so did he change his mind cause if he stayed just for the funeral, it would be kind of anticlimactic.

My favorite part of this episode has to be the final scene though where Barry and Iris and Oliver and Felicity got married. I love that Barry went all the way to Star City to grab Diggle to marry them and I snorted at him vomiting. Man I missed Diggle! Barry and Iris's vows were lovely and they made me tear up. Iris looked so gorgeous even in her normal clothes. I also loved Felicity's frantic proposal and Oliver's confusion that changed to awe and I had a grin from ear to ear during this whole thing. What a great ending and with the core two couples of the Arrowverse and Diggle who started it all. It was a little strange though that Cisco and Caitlin weren't there cause they were Barry and Iris's Best Man and Maid of Honor respectively but I guess since it was spontaneous and last minute that it made sense.

I didn't see any trailers for the shows next week but I'm sure they'll all be great. I can't wait to see the fallout from this crossover play out cause each show should get some changes! Tune into Supergirl Monday!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment