Thursday, November 16, 2017

Arrow Season 6 Episode 6 Review

Another awesome Deathstroke episode aired tonight and I loved it more than last week's! It's always so much fun to see Slade cause he just brings a whole new energy to the show though if I'm honest, this week just reminded me how much I miss Oliver in the field and how much I want him back as the Green Arrow.

First of all, Diggle Diggle Diggle.... I actually loved where this drug storyline ended up going and how it did not end up in addiction or at least as far as I can tell as of now. It was great seeing Lyla back cause I love her and I was so glad when he admitted to Lyla what was going on. I hate when couples keep secrets from each other so I was so sure that Lyla was going to catch him with the drugs rather than allowing him to be the one to come to her. I also loved that Lyla didn't go to the team or force him to come clean with the team. I assume it's cause this drug was a kind of steroid rather than like heroin or something so it wouldn't be extremely dangerous. She gave him the space to come to the correct conclusion on his own while making sure he knew where she stood on the matter. Also JJ was fun to see again!

Also I laughed out loud in that scene where John was admitting to the team what was going on and Curtis was like dude I'm hurt you didn't come to me when you realized the problem cause I literally invented a chip to help someone walk which is EXACTLY what I (and pretty much everyone watching this show) has been yelling at Diggle to do. I'm sure he'll create something for Diggle and even more it'll be next week cause that's how time flies on this show. I would have kind of liked if ARGUS was the one to solve the problem but I don't think it's a big enough presence on the show to do anything. Honestly if John wanted to keep the tremor a secret from the team, he should have gone to Lyla forever ago!

Now over to Slade and Joey. Okay straight up Arrow has decided to swap Joey and Grant's personalities as far as I can tell cause in the comics Joey is a hero while Grant is supposed to follow in Slade's footsteps. Now that we've heard that Grant exists, how long do you think until we see him? I was kind of really thrown by Joey to be honest cause he was a gigantic ass tonight wasn't he? Forcing Slade to kill Oliver, looking up to mercenary Slade, trying to kill his own father. Wow. And I though Slade was screwed up. I will never look down on scenes reaffirming Oliver and Slade's friendship though and I loved that both learned a lot from each other.

The flashbacks tonight were really fun and much better than the ones from last week. I loved seeing what Slade was up to after Lian Yu and how the Mirakuru was fading before it suddenly flared up. I also loved seeing Shado again and I audibly gasped when she popped up cause I didn't think we'd see her. I also loved how great of an actor Manu Bennett is cause straight up I forgot how crazy he was under Mirakuru cause it's been so long but this episode showed him sane and insane and it was such a frank difference that I just want to say props!

So what are the chances that Joey is going to kidnap William next week? I know it's the Thanksgiving episode but it's also right before the crossover so Oliver has to take up the Green Arrow mantle again. In order for that to happen, something big must go down for Oliver to change his mind after being so clear that he wants to stay away from the Green Arrow and Joey did find out about William this week so. It was fun seeing William and Felicity playing video games and how he tattled on her feeding him ice cream for dinner. I love that Felicity is so comfortable with William that she just pops in even when Oliver's not around and that they apparently talk cause how else could William tell her that he was bored with Raisa. Sidebar, how hilarious was that weird zoom out when Felicity and Oliver kissed? I totally thought we were going to change scenes or we'd see someone watching them but nope we just zoomed out and then back in.

Also you'll never hear me complaining about Oliver and Felicity scenes but how is it that they get not just more but also sexier scenes together than Barry and Iris aka the couple about to be married in two weeks.

So never mind with my William kidnapped prediction! It looks like Oliver will be arrested for being the Green Arrow even though in world this makes no sense and the FBI lady has no proof. Also how are they going to explain the fact that Oliver is in jail but Green Arrow is out on the streets? Though since John ran out of that drug, he might not be able to shoot arrows which might negate that claim. It's also the return of Cayden James and Black Siren so that's always a fun time! I'm still really surprised they're airing Arrow on Thanksgiving but I mean I'm not complaining!

Unfortunately no Arrowverse reviews next week because it's Thanksgiving so I'll see you in two weeks for the crossover!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment