Monday, November 13, 2017

Supergirl Season 3 Episode 6 Review

Okay this was an amazing episode of Supergirl! It was a bottle episode that focused on Alex and Kara and I loved every moment! Let's jump in!

Those child actors that they got to play young Kara and young Alex were so perfect! They looked so much like Melissa and Chyler that it was uncanny and not only that but they learned a lot of the mannerisms Melissa and Chyler use in their acting which made them feel like the same people! There's always a struggle with flashback episodes cause sometimes the child actors aren't very good and that throws you out of the show but there was none of that this week! I loved seeing Kara and Alex become sisters and their dynamic is always so perfectly written to be siblings! Most times when we see siblings it's more of a parent/child relationship like Oliver and Thea so I love seeing Kara and Alex act like sisters, fighting and all!

This season is really hammering home how much I adore Kara and how truly strong she is! She's so different from Superman cause unlike him she actually remembers her home and her parents so she never truly feels like she fits in but so many times she's lumped in as the same as Superman. I loved that scene with J'onn playing Kara's mom where Kara broke down about how she misses her family and she's not human. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for her. Losing everything you know and love only to go somewhere where she has to hide herself and gets all these weird powers that she constantly has to hide! Kara is such an amazing role model and hats off to Melissa, especially after everything that's been going on in the real world this week.

On another note, I cannot help but get kind of pissed at Clark every time they talk about how all she wants is to be with him. I know he doesn't really know or remember her cause he was a baby when Krypton exploded but he's the only real family Kara has left and I will never understand why he dropped her off with the Danvers and didn't take her with him cause he was an adult when she came to Earth! How easy would it have been for her to live with him? It makes my heart ache every time she says that she just wants to live with Clark.

I actually knew pretty early on that the Sheriff was the one who killed Kenny cause he just appeared too often for it to be a coincidence! I loved that it was a case that got Kara and Alex to bond and that scene where Alex threatened the sheriff by saying that she's always listening was so creepy and awesome. I actually loved Kenny and was a little disappointed he died and that he wouldn't be a character that could pop up present day.

No Lena, Winn or James this week but that's a given cause it was a bottle episode. I'm sure we'll see more next week.

I also really liked that Alex is not all of a sudden better at the end of the episode cause though we don't want to sit through Alex mourning, I like that things have consequences and I'm sure we'll see her grieve throughout the rest of the season like Kara has. Sidebar, it's going to be real awkward when Mon El returns this season and Kara is happy again but Alex has lost Maggie. I'm not sure if I want a new love interest for Alex yet but I'd like to see some hints towards the end of the season!

Well spoke too soon lol..... MON EL IS ALREADY BACK NEXT WEEK AND I'M SO EXCITED! I can't wait to see where Mon El has been and what happened to him and why he looks so intense!! I know the rumors say that Mon El is going to be different than who Kara remembers but I hope he's not too different. I would love if they got back together next week cause these Arrowverse shows cannot do drama so I really would not like any more of that weird drama like last season which is so sad cause if this were any other show I'd be like yessss giiiiive meeeee allllll the drama. I'm assuming Mon El is to Kara as Felicity is to Oliver and Iris is to Barry based on how they've been paralleled to Barry and Iris last season and how they kept talking about Mon El all season even if he wasn't around so I hope it's not too dragged out.

I'll see you all tomorrow for my Flash review!

xoxo Allie

PS The 4 part crossover is coming out in two weeks and yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment