Friday, March 9, 2018

Agents of SHIELD Season 5 Episode 12 Review

Can you believe we made it to 100 episodes?? After everyone who said this show would be cancelled season after season, we're here! I was looking at the poster above and can you believe how much ground this show has covered in 5 seasons? Each season gets better and better and thinking back to our sweet summer childs in the pilot is crazy! We've loved and lost so many characters and the best parts of this episode were the emotional character beats rather than callbacks to previous seasons!

Okay let's start with the time dimension fear zone rift thing that opened up and was a pretty great way to bring back moments from previous seasons. Though I honestly would have loved for characters like Bobbi and Hunter and Robbie and Ward to come back, the small bits we got were fun. I guess it's okay cause we did see a lot of those characters come back repeatedly before but because I remember Arrow's 100th episode being full of guest stars, I guess my hopes were a bit too high in this case. I did like seeing Deathlock again and he saved the day! It was also funny to see Lash and HIVE as well as some Kree and the roaches.

Like I said the best parts of this episode were the character beats. That whole scene where the team found out that Coulson was dying actually made me cry. I wasn't too torn up when we first found out that Coulson was dying but seeing the reaction of the team to his impending death not even including the breakdown Daisy had in the hallway broke my heart. I was sobbing. Coulson is the one that binds this team together but honestly I could totally see the show killing him off this season especially if it's the last one we get. I loved that Daisy was the most heartbroken cause she is like a daughter to him but each of the characters had their own private grieving moment.

The scene with May was sad in a whole other way. May and Coulson are the epitome of what could have been. Both characters have loved each other for five seasons and even more though it wasn't always romantic love and I'm sure both thought that they would have plenty more time to explore their feelings in the future. I hope that if Coulson does die this season, they at least get a moment to express their love for one another or at least get a kiss that is real.

I hardcore didn't expect Jemma and Fitz to get married tonight but it fit so perfectly and I don't know why I didn't expect it! I loved their shotgun wedding and all the jokes about how they shouldn't wait one more day cause who knows what'll happen next. Jemma's vows were beautiful and Fitz though he didn't say much was clearly extremely emotional and overwhelmed and it was perfect the way it was. By the by Fitz's eyes were so blue and so beautiful that I couldn't look away!

Also I want to laugh at how we all called it that Deke turned out to be Fitz and Jemma's grandson and I'm dying. He was a little annoying tonight cause I know he's living his best life right now but boy needs to learn how to read a room! He was trying to flirt with Daisy while she's worried about YoYo and then joking with Coulson while Coulson is like dude I'm about to die can you go already and then interrupted Coulson and Fitz in what I assume would have been an emotional scene with his jokes. I enjoyed it all but it felt so out of place with the rest of the episode and I think maybe they should have saved all this for next week or something.

Next week looks like we'll be looking for a way to save Coulson's life which should be interesting. I hope we get some cute Jemma and Fitz moments cause they can't go on a honeymoon but that doesn't mean we shouldn't see them all cutesy for a moment. I also hope we get the reveal of Deke's family soon cause that's a bomb I want to see the fallout for!

I'll see you all Tuesday for my Flash review! Sorry I've been MIA most of this week but I was on spring break and didn't have time to watch the Arrowverse shows live!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment