Thursday, March 29, 2018

Arrow Season 6 Episode 16 Review

Guys what an epic episode of Arrow to come back to! I loved so much about the episode and though this seems to be a goodbye to Roy, Nyssa and Thea, here's hoping they'll be back eventually cause the one thing the Arrowverse does well is bring back old cast members every now and again!

As much as I loved Roy and Thea's going away party and the idea that they would be on the run together, I love the idea that the two of them and Nyssa are going to go around the world hunting down Lazarus Pits more. I always thought that when Roy left Arrow he was going to be a superhero on his own in whatever city he picked but when we found that didn't happen, I was a little disappointed so the idea that Speedy and Arsenal will be doing superhero stuff off screen makes me happy. If this were an animated show, we'd see a stand alone episode chronicling their adventures and oh man would I have loved to watch that episode!

My favorite version of Thea was when she was Speedy so it's always fun when she's back and in action. I also loved seeing Roy in the field again cause I miss him so much too. The saddest part of Arrow that I will forever miss is the loss of sidekicks. It's not exactly like a Batman show without the BatFamily but it's close. It's not the same having Arrow's sidekicks shooting guns even if I adore Diggle. I never understood Rene's purpose and Curtis though sometimes great is his own hero and shouldn't be Green Arrow's backup. People whined and whined about there not being a Black Canary but to me, I need a Speedy/Arsenal/Red Arrow. We haven't had a Red Arrow yet so here's hoping that we get one.

Speaking of, I feel like Diggle might become the Red Arrow. His whole storyline about wanting the Green Arrow hood back has been weird to me all season cause we all know that Oliver's not going to give it up and I can't decide how it'll go down without Diggle being pissed at Oliver and leaving the team too unless he becomes a different Arrow. 

Nyssa was hilarious tonight cause I died every time she called Oliver husband and I actually spit out my drink when she called Felicity sister-wife. She was living her best life teasing them and I was living for it. I kept feeling like Nyssa might be playing Thea tonight cause something felt off about the situation especially when she ripped the map out of Thea's hands because I kind of like the idea of Nyssa recreating the League for herself (unlike most people I don't hate them) but I also like that she didn't turn on us. With Athena still out there, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of this.

Sidebar I'm thrilled that they found more Lazarus Pits, not cause I want them to be used again, but because there are multiple in the comics so it only makes sense there's more now. It does leave me to wonder if maybe this is how Malcolm will come back. I bet you Athena and their sect want the map to find the Lazarus Pit to resurrect Malcolm. Also second sidebar, if the show was going to bring back the Lazarus Pits and wanted to keep Katie Cassidy around, why bother with Earth 2 Laurel and not with resurrecting her? I really still dislike this redeem Black Siren storyline and I'd prefer our Laurel or evil Black Siren.

Curtis and Dinah were off on their own and working on trying to figure out which cops were dirty. This was all pretty boring but they did figure out that Hill was dirty who by the by screwed up real bad by taking the Vertigo case from Dinah especially if she knows Dinah is Black Canary cause it just shot up red flags. A few Vertigo pills aren't going to cripple Diaz's cash flow. Also Curtis is dating a cop now and I expected the cop to turn out to be dirty but I guess not. Maybe now Curtis can stop blaming Oliver and Felicity for ruining his marriage. Also how petty was it that Curtis whined about not being invited to Thea and Roy's going away party when he was the one who told Felicity and Diggle that they were done with each other. Who's going to invite your ass Curtis? I also kind of need Felicity and Curtis to no longer be working on a business together cause I still want Smoak Tech and Curtis has left a sour taste in my mouth for a while.

The promo for next week looks annoying. Another Oliver/Diggle fight? Guys this has been played out especially this season with the recruits being pissed and leaving. Ugh. All this episode needs to make it the absolute worst is for Diggle to join the recruits. 

I'll see you all tomorrow night for my Agents of SHIELD review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment