Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Flash Season 4 Episode 16 Review

Hey guys! Sorry I was MIA last week but I was on spring break and because of that I wasn't able to watch the Flash on time which was super disappointing cause last week's episode of the Flash might have been one of my favorites from not only this season but possibly all of Flash in general! But we're not here to talk about last week's episode so let's jump into tonight's episode in which Iris gets to suit up!

So I thought this episode was going to be kinda lame and cheesy last week after watching the promo but I really loved how this episode went from a joke about switching powers to a real look at Iris's character. I have been complaining for almost two seasons about how Iris went from a well written character with actual storyline and goals and things to do to nothing more than Barry's love interest who is there to tell Barry to run faster or that she loves him. I had been annoyed that for two seasons Iris seemed to drop her whole reporting thing without even a single line given to the reason why and tonight answered all my questions. I loved that she explained it as a kind of fear of going out there after Savitar again and how the whole episode ended with her returning to reporting and her love of it. I'm still not sure why she's not back at the newspaper but maybe she'll build back up to it from her blog like in season 1.

I'm also glad that we got another bus meta this week that wasn't evil. It's ridiculous to me that out of a whole city of people, for the longest time, it was only Barry who wanted to use his powers for good. As the seasons go on there are more and more good metas but still nowhere near the amount of bad metas which production wise I can understand cause Barry needs a monster of the week to fight but it's always fun to see another hero being born. I liked that Eric didn't understand how his powers worked and that he didn't actually mean to hurt anyone and that he ended up joining the team. If they can keep his powers a secret from DeVoe for even the smallest amount of time, they could really suck the powers from DeVoe and win which now that I say it outloud probs will not happen cause that'd be too easy.

Harry built a Thinking Cap for himself like DeVoe did but without the dark matter so I guess it's some sort of tech that increases the speed at which neurons fire? I liked this idea but I still have a feeling that it's not going to end well. He did figure out who the last two metas are (through reasons?) so I guess we're ramping up. These last few episodes have been strange cause it feels like the show is trying to rush through the bus metas but at the same time dragging their feet. It's strange pacing tbh.

Also can we talk about how it made no sense for Caitlin to sit out this episode? Like I know Iris needed to go out on her own and prove to herself that she was strong too but it just seems silly not to bring a ice powered meta with you while you're fighting a fire meta. And it was weird cause when Iris was first about to go out she told Caitlin to follow her and take care of the fire while she rescued the people stuck inside only to go out by herself. I need the show to be better about why Caitlin and Cisco can't head out every time please.

Next week looks like another comedic episode with a bus meta possibly? She can fill people with helium and tbh that is such a lame power. The promo didn't show DeVoe but I'm assuming we'll see him even for a little bit cause it's been two episodes without him now.

I'll see you all Friday for my Agents of SHIELD review cause Arrow is taking off this week (and next) for reasons.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment