Friday, March 16, 2018

Agents of SHIELD Season 5 Episode 13 Review

Tonight's episode of SHIELD felt like a continuation of the 100th episode in that it brought back more stuff that we haven't seen or heard about in a while. It makes me a little worried that the showrunners know something we don't about this show being cancelled cause the fact that all these little threads are being wrapped up raises red flags for me. If the show is cancelled this season I'll be really sad cause it straight up is one of my favorite shows on tv right now but at the same time it does feel like everything's wrapping up with a nice bow.

So one of those things I mentioned that was brought back was the whole Gravitonium thing and Deathlok project. I know we've been talking about Gravitonium for a while this season but tonight's episode really felt like a callback cause we talked about where the Gravitonium was last and how it got to where it was now. It was awkward cause I have no idea if my memory is bad or if the stuff they talked about happened off screen or what but I remember Ward grabbing the Gravitonium from the Fridge and that's all. I wonder if now that Hale has it if Hall who was the scientist that created it and got sucked into it in season 1 will come back. I also loved hearing all the old Hydra names like Quinn and Raina and that we talked about the Deathlok project. It's so nostalgic tbh.

Another return came in the form of Werner who again I could not remember what happened to him. Last thing I remembered was that he joined Ward and then Lincoln zapped him in the memory machine which I think is all we saw on screen. I suppose off screen he went a little crazy from that and spent the last two years in mental hospitals. Speaking of, it was also kind of nice to hear the name Hydra again cause again it's been two seasons since we got any mention of Hydra and unlike what a lot of people thought on the internet, I was never really tired of them continuously popping up cause it felt like to me the best villain for SHIELD is HYDRA.

We also got a bit about General Hale who like we all guessed was more than a simple government agent. Honestly it makes me wonder if the government is even interested in grabbing SHIELD or if Hale did all this to get them herself. Speaking of, I hope the show tells us what happened to Talbot cause last we heard he was in a coma and him being hurt is the only reason SHIELD is most wanted right now but the moment he wakes up he can tell the truth about the LMDs and I'm assuming that's how SHIELD will come back though again I feel like SHIELD shouldn't really be public like in season 4 but something off the books that the government knows about like how we were introduced to them.

Sidebar sometimes I really miss the old SHIELD. Like remember how large the world seemed in season 1 and how many agents and how much technology they seemed to have? After season 1 it seemed like SHIELD pretty much consisted of our main group and that's about all.

Anyway back to Ruby and the bunker. First of was anyone else creeped out a little with Ruby trying to seduce Werner? Like I still think of Dove Cameron as a teenager and Werner was so much older and I was like let's dial this back please. Ruby's so hard to read like I can't decide if she's good or bad or whether she's playing her mom or Werner. Is she an inhuman or a robot? Why does she not show emotions?

Mack's friend was super sketchy tonight and I kept waiting for the reveal that he was with Hale or after money or something but as of now he seems to be on the up and up. The fact that he had so much screen time leads me to believe that we'll see more of him again and I'm hoping that it'll be good but something about him gives off the vibe of don't trust me.  Mack, Daisy and Coulson grabbed the last of the Gravitonium on the ship and I was worried about Mack but everyone seems to be fine. I also like how all three of them asked about the Deathlok project with the same intention of saving Coulson cause there's no way any of our SHIELD family would not want to save him.

Back in the bunker, Fitz and his grandson Deke killed me and honestly for a lot of it I agree with Fitz. Like I know Deke is all excited cause everything is new to him right now but at the same time some real bad shit is happening and just like last week Deke was constantly distracting. Scrappy Doo was the correct analogy. He's like a puppy who needs constant attention. I also died at his reaction when he realized that Jemma and Fitz were his grandparents and how completely awkward and thrown he was. I can't wait until Jemma and Fitz find out who by the way had only one cute moment tonight which is understandable cause there's no time for romance when the world is about to be destroyed. I do love how Fitz softens immediately when Jemma talks to him and how they called each other husband and wife and ugh all the feels. I adore them.

Next week looks like the return of more fun characters. The Superior is back though whether as a real person or a fear hallucination is yet to be seen. I cannot remember where we saw him last..... I feel like his brain was in a jar but I can't remember if it got destroyed or not... We're also going to see Absorbing Man with a bomb which should be fun and the return of Framework Fitz who is definitely a fear hallucination. It looks like Fitz will somehow be stuck somewhere with him so that he can finally process his baggage from the Framework and I can't wait cause Iain always kills it emotionally.

I'll see you all next week!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment