Thursday, March 1, 2018

Gotham Season 4 Episode 12 Review

Gotham is finally back after such a long time off and it's kicking ass as always! So much happened in tonight's episode that I don't even know where to begin.

Let's start with the Ivy stuff. Ivy has been recast for the third time and I'm assuming that's cause the second actress couldn't make it back or had other work she was doing. I don't particularly mind cause this one seems to be more mature and I'm not sure if all those drugs are supposed to age her up but the second Ivy was really a child in a grown up's body but this Ivy seems to be mentally older as well based on what little we got of her tonight which could be super interesting. I'm also thrilled that Ivy 3.0 seems to have her Poison Ivy powers which by the by were horrifying to see close up on that dead guy's body. Something about seeing those plants growing on his dead body gave me goosebumps and I had to look away. Blood and gore is totally fine but this lol seems to be too much for me! It's been so long since we saw Ivy that I straight up forgot all her problems with the Sirens but I kind of like that she still loves Selina but I'm not sure how much I care to see Ivy ALSO want to rule Gotham. I feel like she wasn't really the take over the world kind of villain but it might be fun to see. I'm assuming that oil spill in the park will be on her line of sight no matter how quickly she changed the channel.

Speaking of Selina, I loved her thing with Bruce tonight though it was way too short for my taste. Drunk playboy Bruce is still giving my life but I can't tell if Bruce is actually drunk tonight or acting cause it seemed more like Bruce pretending to be a playboy again like he did early last season rather than Bruce actually being the playboy. Selina called him out for playing around too so I can see Bruce just acting. It was a little disappointing to see how exasperated Selina was with him cause it really seemed like she was over him being around and that's kind of sad cause I love them together and I didn't really want jealousy but I was hoping for a bit more of a passionate response. Maybe we'll see that in the future.

Speaking of disappointments, the show built up the suspense for Jim seeing Lee again but while it seemed like Jim was still into Lee, Lee seemed over him as well. It seems to be a theme that the ladies are moving onto bigger and better things while the men stay in the same place. I was also hoping for a bit more of an impact from their first meeting in a season but again I guess we'll build up to it. I did like how the Toymaker (RIP Toymaker you were gone too fast) was working on Riddler's orders but Nygma had no idea cause he's going through blackouts again. Lee and Jim discussing Nygma right in front of Nygma killed me too. I do also love the idea of Lee fixing the Narrows cause she's a badass.

I was not a huge fan of the Alfred storyline but I guess he needed something to do while he's away from Bruce. His bond with the waitress was a little out of nowhere but how pissed he got about her being abused and killed made complete sense and I love how he ended up with Bullock who saved his ass in the end. I missed Bullock too though I feel like he was a pain in my ass last season. It's been long enough that I'm just thrilled to see him again. What do we think? He'll be back on the force by the end of the season?

Next week's episode looks like Ivy will be attacking Bruce (for the park probably) and he'll be going on some sort of mental/emotional journey with Ivy's poison I'd say and the return of Jerome who we saw at the midseason finale but didn't appear this week (not that I noticed oops.) I wasn't too saddened we didn't see any of Jerome but Penguin was missed so I can't wait to see what happens next week!

Don't forget to check out my Arrow review later tonight!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment