Monday, November 19, 2018

Arrow Season 7 Episode 6 Review

Great Arrow episode tonight and we're finally getting somewhere on different plot threads!

As much as I'm enjoying Felicity's descent into evil, I would enjoy it a lot more if everyone and their mother wasn't lecturing Felicity about being good. It takes away from her journey cause we all know that she's going to be perfectly fine in the end and is probs not going to do anything truly bad enough so it's a little excessive to have someone tell Felicity not to cross the line every week. I was really glad that Anatoli made the parallel to 5 years away Oliver cause that's who I've been comparing her to and feeling as though everyone who says she's so annoying is clearly ignoring that Oliver acted the same way before. It was fun seeing her interact with Anatoli and how he was basically encouraging her bad side not just through words but with actually handing her a gun and being like go do the murdering. I'm thrilled that he didn't die this week and that Felicity made him a fake passport to go on vacation. A small part of me actually wanted Felicity to kill Diaz in the station but I think I'm glad she didn't do it after all cause it is a pretty great way to get Oliver out.

This teasing descent into darkness was also a main plot point in the flash forwards this week which I have officially decided I do not like unless somehow we end up changing the future this season cause I really don't like knowing that our heroes all end up either dead or miserable. I laughed out loud when Dinah mentioned that Felicity just died a few weeks ago cause it sucks for Felicity haters who hoped that meant that Felicity would die this season. I liked that William was the one leading the charge on figuring out what happened but again I don't like that everyone is so not about her anymore including Roy who should really have no reason to dislike Felicity when the last time he was with her was pretty positive! It's funny that she's calling herself the Calculator but it makes me wonder why everyone jumped to the idea that the bombs were her idea and not that she hacked someone else and found them which led them to kill her cause that was my first thought!

Laurel spent the episode trying to get Oliver out of prison and I'm still living for her and Felicity's friendship. My favorite scene this episode was the one where everyone was in ARGUS after finding Anatoli and everyone was revealing all these different truths and Curtis was upset that everyone forgot his birthday. I was living for everyone's reactions to Felicity and Laurel being friends and I love that Laurel cares enough about Felicity to listen to her and Felicity cares enough about Laurel to let her talk her down. I hope this friendship continues after Oliver gets out of prison. I liked her appeal but it made sense why she lost the case cause it was a bit of a silly reason to let someone go from jail which is why the actual deal where Oliver gives info on Diaz to get out was so much sweeter. Speaking of, I loved that Oliver still hates Black Siren and was warning her away from Felicity and trying to force her to leave his case alone but that in the end she told him what he should have known with people being shades of grey.

I'm so glad that we're going to finally get Oliver out of prison next week cause the storylines they give Oliver are boring half the time! I really enjoyed last week but this week was hella boring especially since everyone but Oliver thinks that Stanley is way sketch! I still don't know if he's on Diaz's side or if he's just generally a terrible person but at least Oliver knows now that something's off with him. He got poor Bronze Tiger thrown in solitary for not doing anything which is sad cause I really wanted him to bond with Oliver but also why didn't that throw up red flags for him since this was pretty much the first time Brick and his crew didn't take credit for something they did. I wonder if we'll get answers next week cause why bother setting up this Stanley thing over a long period if it didn't mean anything?

The promo for next week shows that Diaz escaped from police custody (which seriously is embarrassing for everyone involved) and that he broke into Slabside to play with Oliver. I guess that means that not only is Oliver not getting out of prison next week but maybe we'll get an answer as to whether Stanley was a plant or not. We also didn't have a prison riot episode yet so it was about time! I assume that they'll capture Diaz again by the end of next episode so Oliver can be released but hopefully this time they actually figure out how to catch him!

All new Flash tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment