Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Flash Season 5 Episode 7 Review

I wasn't the hugest fan of tonight's episode because honestly it felt like a retread of previous episodes and the only difference was that Nora was angry at Barry instead of Iris this week. It also doesn't help that the Westallen family are not my favorite part of the show which I know I know makes me a horrible person but what can I say? It makes me laugh sometimes that everyone always complains that Arrow feels like a soap opera literally anytime Oliver is happy (especially around Felicity and recently William) when in fact it's The Flash that feels more like a soap opera. Anyway enough about that, let's jump into the episode.

The main plot of this episode had to do with Nora being angry/worried about Barry dying. Iris mentioned how Barry sacrificed himself so many times to save the world and it made Nora realize that her dad disappearing in the future wasn't a one-time thing and that it could happen anytime. It was an interesting storyline objectively cause it not only showed Nora what it really means to be a hero but also it should give her more perspective on her mom's decisions cause if she worried enough about her dad to ask him to give up being The Flash, then it makes sense why Iris would try to stop Nora from being a hero too. I wonder if we'll touch on this in future episodes. Despite this, I was super bored during most of this episode cause like I said, we've watched so many episodes of Nora being upset with her mom that it's kinda boring to watch her be mad at Barry now. I am a little glad that this ended tonight and won't be an ongoing story thread though.

Caitlin, Cisco and Sherloque had a real weird storyline this episode too. Caitlin barely spoke and Ralph wasn't even around though I could believe that he went home for Thanskgiving if they only dropped that line like they did for Cecile and Joe! Sherloque managed to convince Caitlin and Cisco that Thanksgiving was a lame holiday and that neither of them had any family or any cause to be thankful cause their last year sucked. Although I get where Sherloque was coming from and why Cisco and Caitlin would be sad, it was weird of them to decide to skip Thanksgiving only to decide to go afterall in the end. It was super not needed in this episode. I'm still not understanding why Cisco can't ever go home to his family or why they're barely ever mentioned.

I did really like the backstory we got for Cicada cause it made me sympathize with him and feel really bad for him but it honestly makes me feel so much worse for poor Grace who not only lost her parents and then got super hurt but now if she ever wakes up, she won't even have her uncle cause he'll be in prison for becoming a super villain! I understand to a degree why he and the doctor hate metas so much (very similarly to the anti-aliens over on Supergirl) but at the same time it seems weird of him to target heroes like The Flash and Vibe cause without them things would be a lot worse! I'm curious about where this show will go now cause we've already figured out Cicada's true identity already but I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run cause last season Team Flash figured out who the Thinker was really fast too so it's not like they can't be thwarted anyway. I do wonder if he'll have a harder time attacking Nora or Barry cause he has a soft spot for fathers/daughters.

The stuff with Weather Witch was pretty lame and let's be honest, none of us watch this show for the weekly villains anyway though I did like her origin story about being a dangerous weather fanatic.

Next week looks amazing cause it's going to be The Flash's 100th episode which means we'll be bringing back a bunch of old villains and hopefully some old heroes too! I'd love to see Ronnie again cause he was mentioned tonight and it always makes me grin when he pops up cause I forever will be bitter that the show killed him off so quickly.

I'll see you all Friday for my weekly dramas and then Sunday for my Supergirl midseason finale review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment