Friday, December 27, 2019

What Dramas Am I Watching This Week?

So here's what I'm watching this week! Of course the list is split by country and the amount of episodes I've seen so far are written below! There will be spoilers from now on so if you aren't caught to the episode number on list, you might want to go watch that episode and then come back! If you're interested in previous lists, click here and if you want to see a list of my favorite asian OTPs and ships, click here!

KDRAMA


Love With Flaws (20/32):A romantic comedy about a woman who has an aversion for flower boys and a man who has an obsession with appearance as they overcome the prejudices against people with flaws. Joo Seo Yeon is a hot-blooded physical education high school teacher with a strong personality. 365 days and 24 hours, she is wearing her training uniform or jeans and sneakers. Because she suffered hardships due to her handsome older and younger brothers, she hates flower boys. Her ideal type is a “not handsome guy”. She will enter into conflicts with handsome Lee Kang Woo in everything. Lee Kang Woo is the chairman of boards of the high school. He is a man who is incredibly arrogant and is obsessed with appearance. He likes the attention of others and loves his looks. He spends 12 hours of his day to improve his looks. He has a flawless and handsome appearance. However, he has a secret that no one knows: he is suffering from past trauma. 15 years ago, he was overweight and ugly. This was when he got rejected by Seo Yeon. He had to change school after he had acute enteritis in the school bus. While meeting with a well-known psychologist, he realized that his irritable bowel syndrome disorder is connected to that girl of 15 years ago. He became the chairman of the school she is working at. She has changed so much, in the past, she hated ugly men and now hates handsome men.

Did I or did I not call it last week?? I knew that Seo Yeon's parents got into that accident because Seo Yeon wanted to go see Kang Woo and because of that she would pull away from him. I'm on the fence with this cause on the one hand I want to see all the angst but on the other I'm pissed that the two literally just started dating ten minutes ago and they're already over. I can never get behind these noble idiocy stories cause you know that Seo Yeon's parents would never blame her for what happened or would want her to make herself miserable out of guilt! On that note I want to shout out the second male lead who's a complete asshole and how much I want him to disappear from this show. He's the worst cause he's so fake, acting like a good guy around Seo Yeon while going around and hurting Kang Woo behind their backs cause he has this inferiority complex about his cousin. I don't even know how much he's actually into Seo Yeon cause it seems like he spent years being quiet about it and then only stepped up once he realized Kang Woo was into her too. Who knows if he would have made a move if Seo Yeon was flirting with some other guy. I'm also pissed as hell that Kang Woo's mom is totally going to be a thorn in their sides cause rich moms hating the female leads are my least favorite storylines EVER! You would think that the mom would be happy that Kang Woo finally likes a girl but nope she's obviously not hand-picked by the mom so of course Kang Woo made a mistake. On another note I'm still so into the two elder brothers and their romances cause I loved Won Jae and Kang Hee connecting and how protective Won Suk feels about Ho Dol even though he doesn't want to! I even love the awkward one-sided interest between Mi Kyung and Hyun Soo! 
Psychopath Diary (12/16): Yook Dong Sik was running away from the scene of a murder and got into an accident. After waking up, he had no recollections of his memory and does not even know who he is. He only has with him a diary that recorded the process of murders and mistakes himself as a serial psychopath killer. Yook Dong Sik, a 34-year-old employee. He thinks that he is a psychopath. He is so weak and timid that he can’t refuse anything at work and people at his office are using him. He became the scapegoat at his company. All his friends, colleagues and family are turning his back on him. He decided to leave this world and even wrote a suicide note. The place he decided to commit suicide is the murder scene. He got amnesia because of an accident at the scene and got the psychopath’s dairy in his hands. When he woke up, he thinks that he is the murderer. Shim Bo Kyung, a 30-year-old, neighborhood police officer. She meets Dong Sik when he has amnesia. The more she knows about his story, the more she finds an unexpected look in him. She wants to catch the serial killer with Dong Sik as a partner of investigation. Seo In Woo, 36-year-old, the director of the company Dong Sik works in. He is a cold and meticulous psychopath who lost his diary. On the day of his 7th crime, he met Dong Sik and things went wrong. He lost his diary where all his daily life and course of crime was written.

I'm hoping that now that Dong Sik was framed as the serial killer and went to jail for it that I'll finally be able to enjoy this show again. I had wished that he would have gotten his memories back and figured out what In Woo was doing so that he could play him back while also working with Bo Kyung to find the real killer but unfortunately Bo Kyung was just as dumb as Dong Sik was this week. I mean I totally get why the head cop went along with Dong Sik being the killer cause he actually knew from the start who the real killer was but decided for some unknown reason to suddenly become a corrupt cop and blackmail In Woo's father and the whole time I was like you're going to die you damned moron but Bo Kyung should have been smarter. I mean if you're going to base your whole murder case on a diary then shouldn't they have run a handwriting test?? It's literally all the proof they have about the killings so it should have been a bigger deal. I was super relieved though that Dong Sik actually didn't kill that cop last week so at least there's that but it's low key ridiculous that Bo Kyung started to second guess everything after Dong Sik was outed to the public and went to jail like seriously girl if you had doubts why not step up first??
Stove League (4/16): Baek Seung Soo is the newly appointed general manager of professional baseball team Dreams. The team ranks bottom of the league. Lee Se Young is the operations manager of the team and also a big fan of the baseball team. She has so much love for Dreams and she never gives up on the team. Han Jae Hee, an energetic man, who is the grandson of a furniture maker. Kim Young Chae, who is a softball player turned sports announcer. Yoo Min Ho, a pitcher, who is crazy about baseball.

My goodness this show is low key amazing! It's so dramatic and tense but so much fun since the stakes for the politics aren't life or death! Seung Soo is still the best character in this show and I'm loving how deadpan he is in pretty much every situation but seriously I'm loving how he's leagues smarter than every other person on this show. I assumed that he has his own agenda for the team even though the Executive Director wants to disband the team and we learned this week that the reason for the disbandment is that the team is losing billions which of course makes a ton of sense as to why they'd want to get rid of it so in Seung Soo's mind I'm sure he's thinking that if he gets Dreams to first place or even to third then they can make back that loss and the team won't have to be disbanded. I am seriously living for how he's cleaning house and getting rid of any and all problems in the team but part of me is still wondering why the others haven't caught up yet and realized that he's almost always right so stop getting in his way. I also still love Se Young cause she's still the awesome character I loved from the first two episodes with how she first follows her emotions before becoming more rational. I seriously hope there's some romance between our leads even though there's no romance tag cause I low key love them together so I'd even take a hint of a possible relationship in the finale!
FINISHED V.I.P. (32/32): VIP is a drama that seeks to find an answer in the secretive relationships we hold in today’s society. Jung Sun is a competent and successful career woman who works as a deputy manager at Sung Woon Department Store. Her job as a member of the VIP Management Team is to satisfy their top one percent of customers who are the special VIPs and VVIPs. Not only is she professional at work, but she has a happy household with a wonderful husband, Sung Jun. However, one day she receives an anonymous text message. It says that her romantic husband is having an affair with someone at the office. Anxious to lose everything she has, she desperately studies the office and her co-workers to find out the woman Sung Jun is seeing. In the course of events, secrets behind each of the workers at the VIP Management Team are revealed. Will Jung Sun find out the truth behind the anonymous text message?

The finale for this show aired this week and though I'm totally heartbroken that this show is over, I loved the finale and I really just want to shout out how amazing it is that this show had such perfect writing and execution from start to finish cause 80% of the dramas I watch start out so strong and putter to an end. I was so worried at the start of this finale that Jung Sun might take back Sung Jun especially after his mother came to visit cause Jung Sun deserved better and there was no way I was going to forgive his dumb ass so I didn't want her too! It's especially nice cause Sung Jun clearly realized how much he truly lost (like his mom told him) and while he was doing that he also lost Yu Ri so he'll really be alone. Speaking of Yu Ri, I know I've been shitting on her for a while now but low key I'm glad she picked money and prestige over Sung Jun cause beyond the vindictive stuff a part of me was like you could actually do a lot better than a married man being the daughter of a chaebol family Yu Ri and Sung Jun doesn't seem like that much of a catch so why throw your life away for him?? I still high key shipped Jung Sun with Sang Woo but I'm really okay with where Jung Sun ended the show cause sometimes the happy ending is just loving yourself and if she hadn't divorced Sung Jun then she wouldn't be. I'd give this drama a 9.5 / 10 cause it was so well-acted, produced, and written despite the plot which really should have caused me to hate it!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment