Friday, December 6, 2019

What Dramas Am I Watching This Week?

So here's what I'm watching this week! Of course the list is split by country and the amount of episodes I've seen so far are written below! There will be spoilers from now on so if you aren't caught to the episode number on list, you might want to go watch that episode and then come back! If you're interested in previous lists, click here and if you want to see a list of my favorite asian OTPs and ships, click here!

KDRAMA


Catch The Ghost (14/16): "Catch the Ghost” is a romantic investigative drama about a woman named Yoo Ryung who solves cases with her overflowing sense of justice and exceptional spatial perception but always gets herself into trouble because of her rash actions. She meets the Wangsimni station constabulary chief, a man who avoids cases and seeks stability. However, he always ends up cleaning up after the problems caused by Yoo Ryung and holds the key to solving the cases.

Of all the things I expected to have happened in the course of this show, not one ended up being what I thought it would! I totally didn't expect the handsome Grasshopper, Yi Joon, to be the Subway Ghost and because of that I fell for his lies about him only being the witness and not the killer! We also learned about what the Subway Ghost's motives were for killing cause up to this moment there didn't feel like there was a pattern to the kills like most serial killers had so I want to seriously shout out how amazing the writing was there. A homeless man killed Yi Joon's daughter Sae Rom and there were so many people who witnessed it but did nothing to stop the homeless man including the subway cop who stopped Yi Joon from helping Sae Rom by attempting to arrest him so Yi Joon blamed all of them for her death and ended up killing them saving the homeless man for last. Part of my problem was that I didn't realize that the dress was made for a young child and the actor playing Yi Joon looked too young to have a kid so I expected Jin to be the girl who wore the dress and that she might have reminded Yi Joon of his sister or maybe he somehow fell in love with her which is why he is still keeping her but it was the complete opposite cause he actually started his killings with her cause he say her on the day he was released for pickpocketing and cause she was the one to actually physically push Sae Rom and it was actually his mom who saved Jin and is keeping her as a replacement for Sae Rom. But seriously guys the mom might be the true killer in all of this cause all she had to do was not protect her son the first time and he could have been arrested and stopped and Jin would have been safe! I don't know why Yi Joon decided to keep Jin alive cause he obviously knew that she was with his mom and like why save her for last?
Chief Of Staff Season 2 (8/10): The second season of Chief of Staff. The real political players behind the spotlight take a dangerous gamble. Super Adviser Jang Tae Joon heads towards the peak of power and fiercely struggles for survival. Jang Tae Joon worked as the chief aide to Lawmaker Lawmaker Song Hee Sub. He now returns as a lawmaker and achieves the height of his power.

Holy moly watching the two episodes from this week after watching the two from last week hardcore made me have to rewrite this review cause so many things from this week pretty much eclipsed everything from last week. First of all there's no freaking way that Tae Joon is dead! I refuse to believe it! I am a little sad that Tae Joon's gamble this week didn't pay off in turning Sung against Song cause Sung chose Song anyway but also forced him to cower before Sung even more. I can imagine Tae Joon and Seon Young teaming up with Song again like last season to take out the bigger fish of Sung before trying to take down Song later which once again must mean that this show will have a season 3 cause I can't see how everything will be wrapped up in two episodes. It's the struggle with this show cause it constantly feels like we're treading water since every time we take a step forward, we also take two steps back! We were even so close to taking down Lee but of course Sung murdered him which apparently means that all the evidence that was piled up isn't important anymore which feels ridiculous cause he's been poisoning so many people and if Lee isn't around to be the suspect then shouldn't his company have to take the blame?? I was also glad we found the mole though I totally expected it to be the secretary that Yang pointed out cause I'm still low key waiting for Yang to have something to do in the office more than running small errands!
Leverage (14/16): "Leverage" will tell the story of Lee Tae Joon, an elite insurance investigator turned scam strategist who recruits the best "players" in order to catch the real criminals who think they’re above the law.

The finale for this show is next week and I'm already heartbroken about it! I loved this week's episodes and though I do think that Tae Joon and co being exposed to Joon Hyung was a bit rushed and out of nowhere I get it cause the show is coming to an end soon and Joon Hyung needs to find out that Tae Joon has been playing him in order for the final arc to happen. It was interesting seeing Tae Joon confront Joon Hyung and ask him why in the world he became this person cause they've been friends since they were kids but I think I low key love that Joon Hyung was like dude there's no reason, I'm just straight in it for the money. Part of me thought this was too much of a copout cause the worst villains are the ones who have no motivation but the rest of me doesn't mind it all that much. I did love the reveal of what the big evil plan was for and once I figured it out, it was amazing going back and putting the pieces together which fit so perfectly. Planning a bio-terror attack to expose the public to a fatal disease in order to sell medicine to counteract it is so beyond messed up and I totally expected Joon Hyung to say that Tae Joon and co were the terrorists in order to get them arrested so no one could stop him but with only the finale remaining I guess it might be too much! On another note I did love the low key confession Tae Joon made to Soo Kyung about how she was precious to him but I'm still sitting here devouring any and all crumbs we get about Roy and Na Byeol.
Love With Flaws (8/32):A romantic comedy about a woman who has an aversion for flower boys and a man who has an obsession with appearance as they overcome the prejudices against people with flaws. Joo Seo Yeon is a hot-blooded physical education high school teacher with a strong personality. 365 days and 24 hours, she is wearing her training uniform or jeans and sneakers. Because she suffered hardships due to her handsome older and younger brothers, she hates flower boys. Her ideal type is a “not handsome guy”. She will enter into conflicts with handsome Lee Kang Woo in everything. Lee Kang Woo is the chairman of boards of the high school. He is a man who is incredibly arrogant and is obsessed with appearance. He likes the attention of others and loves his looks. He spends 12 hours of his day to improve his looks. He has a flawless and handsome appearance. However, he has a secret that no one knows: he is suffering from past trauma. 15 years ago, he was overweight and ugly. This was when he got rejected by Seo Yeon. He had to change school after he had acute enteritis in the school bus. While meeting with a well-known psychologist, he realized that his irritable bowel syndrome disorder is connected to that girl of 15 years ago. He became the chairman of the school she is working at. She has changed so much, in the past, she hated ugly men and now hates handsome men.

I was pretty excited to check this drama out cause I adore Oh Yeon Seo to pieces (the amount of terrible dramas I've watched to see her in is too many) and though I've never actually watched a drama with Ahn Jae Hyun, I do find him handsome so I was down. So far I'm finding that I'm pretty much enjoying the world this show built. I like the concept of Seo Yeon being against dating handsome guys cause she's seen how her brothers have destroyed so many girls' hearts but it's fascinating cause she's clearly a good person with how much she cares for her students and how much she loves her brothers but at the same time she's mean to people for no reason and judges them on their looks though in the opposite way as most in that she thinks that all handsome people are terrible. I'll be interested to see her grow but I'm also really interested in what happened in Seo Yeon and Kang Woo's past cause it looks like they both liked each other but somehow she thinks that he asked her out as a bet and he thinks she turned him down cause he wasn't handsome enough and I'm sure that when they were supposed to meet up after she turned him down that it was the same time as her parents' car accident. The humor in this show is a little too much for me honestly between the terrible low brow poop humor and the over-the-top reactions which is totally weird if you put it next to how well this show is tackling the gay aspect of this show cause that brother is getting just as much screen-time as the others cause even in shows like Melo Is My Nature they didn't actually show the two guys flirting on screen. The best part of the show surprisingly is the relationship between Seo Yeon and her brothers. I low key love how protective they are but like in their own subtle ways cause they're not going to be going around telling her what to do but when someone says she's not as pretty as them or that someone she doesn't want has been hitting on her, the claws come out.
Psychopath Diary (6/16): Yook Dong Sik was running away from the scene of a murder and got into an accident. After waking up, he had no recollections of his memory and does not even know who he is. He only has with him a diary that recorded the process of murders and mistakes himself as a serial psychopath killer. Yook Dong Sik, a 34-year-old employee. He thinks that he is a psychopath. He is so weak and timid that he can’t refuse anything at work and people at his office are using him. He became the scapegoat at his company. All his friends, colleagues and family are turning his back on him. He decided to leave this world and even wrote a suicide note. The place he decided to commit suicide is the murder scene. He got amnesia because of an accident at the scene and got the psychopath’s dairy in his hands. When he woke up, he thinks that he is the murderer. Shim Bo Kyung, a 30-year-old, neighborhood police officer. She meets Dong Sik when he has amnesia. The more she knows about his story, the more she finds an unexpected look in him. She wants to catch the serial killer with Dong Sik as a partner of investigation. Seo In Woo, 36-year-old, the director of the company Dong Sik works in. He is a cold and meticulous psychopath who lost his diary. On the day of his 7th crime, he met Dong Sik and things went wrong. He lost his diary where all his daily life and course of crime was written.

I know, I know! I'm so late with not only writing this review but also watching this show cause it did come out three weeks ago but I couldn't fit it in back then and last week was American Thanksgiving so I barely watched any tv so better late than never right?? Okay but seriously I wasn't sure how much I would like this show cause though Yoon Shi Yoon is one of the loves of my life and I liked Jung In Sun in Eulachacha Waikiki, the synopsis for this show didn't sound all that great but having watched 6 episodes back to back I have to say that this show is so unique and a lot more fun than I expected it to be! Yoon Shi Yoon is killing it as the main character cause he's hilarious especially so since even when he's acting like a psychopath, he's still adorable and I'm living for how he's basically the nicest guy ever although a bit of a moron in a sense cause despite an overwhelming amount of evidence, he really does believe he's a killer. I high key love In Woo though even if he is a killer which is a weird place to be but because of the tone of the show I can't help but be like oh whatever so he's a murderer. I was living for how he was trying to befriend Dong Sik so I was a little disappointed when he found Dong Sik with his red notebook cause it destroyed the comedy of In Woo wanting to be Dong Sik's friend but Dong Sik being like who the hell are you man. Now he thinks that Dong Sik is working with Bo Kyung to catch him which I suppose does bring him back to the antagonist seat and not a funny supporting character. I also really love Bo Kyung but being that she's hunting down In Woo sucks a little cause I'm not looking forward to the chunk of episodes in this show where Dong Sik gets blamed for In Woo's crimes!
V.I.P. (20/32): VIP is a drama that seeks to find an answer in the secretive relationships we hold in today’s society. Jung Sun is a competent and successful career woman who works as a deputy manager at Sung Woon Department Store. Her job as a member of the VIP Management Team is to satisfy their top one percent of customers who are the special VIPs and VVIPs. Not only is she professional at work, but she has a happy household with a wonderful husband, Sung Jun. However, one day she receives an anonymous text message. It says that her romantic husband is having an affair with someone at the office. Anxious to lose everything she has, she desperately studies the office and her co-workers to find out the woman Sung Jun is seeing. In the course of events, secrets behind each of the workers at the VIP Management Team are revealed. Will Jung Sun find out the truth behind the anonymous text message?

We're a little past halfway through this show and we've FINALLY learned who the mistress and for a huge chunk of these episodes I still didn't know whether Sung Jun was truly cheating or if he was just a middle man or if Yoo Ri was into him and he didn't push her away but now it's clear. Sung Jun really did cheat and to make it worse he did it while Jung Sun had a miscarriage cause he is the realest piece of shit. He claims it's cause Yoo Ri and he connected on the whole being illegitimate children thing but I think he was a coward for not telling Jung Sun about his father's death which I really do think is the main problem in their relationship cause he's literally always got that whole stiff upper lip thing. Part of me thinks that Jung Sun shouldn't divorce his ass cause then he will suffer more but the rest of me is like leave him in the dust and go find a hotter man and show your ex what he lost. We also learned that Yoo Ri is actually the VP's daughter which doesn't entirely explain why the VP's wife despises her so much cause it's like Yoo Ri was born before they even got married but I guess it's just a we don't have kids but you have one with someone else kinda thing. It super sucks cause now Yoo Ri has more power than Jung Sun and you know she's going to use it which brings me back to Jung Sun not divorcing Sung Jun to make Yoo Ri miserable but I also really want Jung Sun to be happy so maybe not. It's fascinating cause the whole VIP department knows what a home-wrecker Yoo Ri is and Sang Woo is still a cutie for trying to protect Jung Sun. 

    xoxo Allie

    No comments:

    Post a Comment