Thursday, December 7, 2017

Gotham Season 4 Episode 11 Review

Guys what an insane episode of Gotham! It was literally like plot twist after plot twist after plot twist. Everyone was trying to out maneuver each other and it was a thrill to watch. I think the best thing about Gotham and perhaps the reason that it is still so loved is the villains and how they attempt to outwit each other. Overall it was a great midseason.

Let's start with Sophia and Penguin. Penguin apparently goes to tattle on Sophia to her father who believes like Jim that Sophia could never win and wants to take her home. I was really surprised to see Falcone and even more stunned when he got shot and I felt for Sophia though I loved that his death led to Victor changing sides. I knew this change of alliances was coming immediately when Victor was weird during the funeral and poor Penguin who will never understand that names mean something and no matter how big you get you are still new money. I don't know if I like the Sirens working Sophia cause she's a little insane but I'm sure they'll change sides again once they realize who she is. My favorite twist though is definitely the final one where she revealed that she did everything to get revenge on Jim for killing Mario and that she brought Pyg into the city. I straight up gasped. Props to you Sophia.

Harvey quit the GCPD and guys what a drama queen he is. Especially now that we know that Harvey and Jim both accidently got a bunch of cops killed and are in the same boat. The difference is that Jim will try to make up for his mistake while Harvey will stew in his guilt all broody-like. I hope they patch things up at some point this season cause I don't want this to be the end of Harvey or the Jim and Harvey bromance.

Speaking of bromance, my baby Bruce is still struggling and though I was so pumped to see him enter his playboy phase, with Alfred soooo against it, it kind of ruins the fun for me cause I don't want Alfred and Bruce on the outs. I can't actually believe the episode ended in Bruce firing Alfred and kicking him out. I kept waiting for Alfred to be like okay I'm going to pull out the big guns and go get Selina but maybe that's for the next half season? Ugh I miss Bruce and Selina moments. Also I know we're supposed to feel all the feels for this breakup but honestly I'm sure Bruce will snap out of it soon enough and they'll get back together even if Alfred is no longer Bruce's legal guardian especially since in this universe Alfred is his Ra's.

Ed is apparently in love with Lee and that makes me laugh so hard. Poor Ed. She's going to see Jim in a few episodes or so and it'll be like Ed who? But at the same time I kind of love this and I really wouldn't mind Lee and Ed cause if Jim can sleep with all sorts of villains, why can't Lee?

Sidebar, I loved Barbara's reaction to knowing that Jim and Sophia were sleeping together.

In the same vein of love, Grundy is now Butch again and I'm thrilled cause I love him and Tabitha and I died of laughter the whole time this storyline was going on. When Tabitha got ready to go and then was like I'm going to beat you until you're Butch made me laugh so hard. I adore their relationship though and I love that even while Butch was Grundy he still thought she was pretty. I can't wait to see him and Tabitha next half season when he's back to normal. I am curious though if this means that one more knock to the head will turn him back like in the ring cause if that's the case, I will be forever frightened of Butch getting hit.

Oh and we cannot forget the return of the one and only Jerome! I'm pumped he's back and with Penguin! Shit will go down next half season!

Overall this was a great episode and don't forget to keep an eye out for my Arrow review later tonight!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment