Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 9 Review

Feelings. All the damn feelings. I'm so pissed at the Legends for making me cry twice over Martin Stein but not really cause I loved it anyway. So much happened and so much to talk about!

Jax is gone and though I did think that he might die during the crossover (to make everything ironic in that Stein wanted to leave but actually it'll be Jax), I did not expect him to leave the show tonight. I can't decide if I like this or not cause it makes sense for him to leave now that he has no powers and no fighting ability but I feel like we haven't seen the last of him and that he'll pop back up later this season or next with Firestorm solo powers or maybe he'll show up older and more badass like Sara. I did love everything we got with him and Stein and I loved that the team was still mourning him and that we saw young Martin Stein who finally convinced Jax that no he didn't want to change his future cause everything is as it should be. Again I was weeping when they said goodbye and that Martin just wanted Jax to be happy. Jax needs a lady with how much the Steins have been talking about him falling in love. Maybe he should go back to Star Labs and be with Caitlin so that at least one version of Firestorm is with Killer Frost.

Speaking of love interests, Sara and Sharpe are totally going to get together. I got the vibe pretty early on but I was hoping it wasn't true but after tonight's episode, Sara looked at her the way she looked at Alex in the crossover and bam it'll happen soon enough. I just want Sara to go back to Nyssa cause I ship them so hard but Katrina Law is busy I guess and Sara is staying away from Nyssa for reasons as she told Alex. I did love that Sara learned that Rip was in jail (another prison break episode anyone) and that she "met" Mollus so now we can get past the whole no one believe Rip thing. Also sidebar how the hell does no one believe Rip like he founded the damn Time Bureau so shouldn't he get some power over the agents? They deposed him so easily.

I gasped out loud when Constantine appeared in the shadows. Like I knew that he was coming in tonight's episode but I was so wrapped up in everything we got that I totally forgot and now I'm super pumped for him cause though I didn't watch the Constantine show, I do love his character in the animated movies and in the little bit we got in Arrow. I hope he stays around for longer than one episode and that his semi-permanent arrival accounts for why Jax left. The Legends need him not only to fight whatever Mollus is but to fight Darhk cause clearly only magic can fight magic cause he's been mopping the floor with the Legends and the Time Bureau. Also I love him so I want him around!

Leo from the crossover did join the Legends team again and I'm so confused on so many levels. We did get an answer to why Leo decided to stay on Earth 1 rather than going home with Ray and I liked that answer but I'm still pretty confused cause I though Wentworth Miller was done with the Arrowverse. Maybe he changed his mind after he read Leo's character? I like Leo I do but just like with the Leonard we got last season, I miss our Leonard Snart and none of these others are the same. I miss the rapport he had with Mick and Sara and Ray.

Also since I don't review Legends weekly I guess I should talk about Damien Darhk's return. Honestly I'm getting a little sick of him. I didn't love him in Arrow or in last season of Legends but I liked his frenemy thing with the Legion which is the only reason I could deal. Now he's back again and intellectually I can understand why but at the same time I don't love it. I was hoping they would end up killing Darhk this week so that his daughter could take over and that ultimately she was the Big Bad of the season and Darhk was just a red herring but no such luck.

The preview for our midseason return in February didn't show much other than a bunch of Constantine which I loved. It looks like he's not here cause of Mollus or Darhk but something else so I'm thinking this will unfortunately be a one or two episode off. I did love Mick's joke about Constantine and Rip being similar cause they do look it. I can't wait!

Check out my Arrow and Gotham midseason reviews Thursday night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment