Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The Flash Season 4 Episode 9 Review

I have no words for tonight's episode except wow. I thought Supergirl's midseason finale was good and then I watched this one! And you know the episode must be extra good cause Flash isn't one of my favorite Arrowverse shows due to a number of reasons.

I freaking love the Thinker even though I keep thinking that if this was a Supergirl or Arrow villain, the problem would be solved in minutes while Barry seems to struggle to capture the Thinker cause for some reason he suddenly needs DeVoe arrested legally rather than sticking him in the pipeline like all the other metas he's captured. Or is it cause DeVoe hasn't actually committed a real crime yet like murder? Either way I loved that he mailed that knife to Barry so that it had Barry's fingerprints on it before using it to "kill" his real body while he took over Dominic's body. By the by poor Dominic!

Also sidebar why didn't Barry run out with DeVoe's body? He should have been fast enough to grab DeVoe, the knife set and peace out before the cops entered the apartment. I get it though cause drama and straight up Barry's powers only seem to work sometimes when it's convenient.

Iris was acting weird in tonight's episode and I couldn't decide why that was. She was strange from the moment we saw her and Barry open presents to the final scene where she gave Barry and Joe a weird look for wanting to celebrate Christmas. Like Iris and Barry just got married, she should be happier at least in the start of the episode even if it turns to fear or upsettedness after Barry is kidnapped. I do like her in charge of the team (it did take me a bit to warm up to that) but now it seems like maybe she'll give it up soon cause she told Barry she isn't sure how much longer she can make the tough calls. I hope if she does leave, she'll go back to journalism or get a good storyline cause please for the love of everything can we give Iris something to do.

Caitlin had an awesome episode and I loved that it was all about her fear that maybe instead of everyone hating her for becoming Killer Frost that maybe everyone actually prefers Killer Frost to Caitlin. It was a little weird that Harry was the one to go find her in Jitters and try to make her feel better rather than Cisco cause first of all I didn't think Harry cared and secondly are they even close enough to have this talk? I was also a little afraid that Dominic would end up as a new love interest for her cause Caitlin inviting him to the Christmas party was the same thing she did with Julian but then plot twist he's actually DeVoe so we won't get that (thank god cause my girl needs some time to herself unless Julian comes back or her and Cisco finally become a thing.)

I still don't like Ralph. I can intellectually see that he's growing as a person but I don't know he still gives me the creeps and clearly I'm one of the only ones cause everyone else I know loves him. It is nice that he's slowly becoming a better person but his jokes when they were fighting Amunet weren't actually funny and his speech with Cisco about not having friends was either poorly acted or my dislike of the character bled into how I viewed it cause I kept waiting for him to be like gotcha or something cause it didn't sound genuine.

Also Wally is gone again for reasons I suppose. I love that he's traveling the world and becoming a better hero but I just wish we could see it happening. Please move Wally to Legends or something cause I miss him and Flash isn't going to use him properly.

The next episode isn't back until January so we'll have to wait. It looks like Barry is going on trial for murder and I can't decide if I think it'd be poetic of the show to send Barry to prison for the murder he was framed for like his father or not. I also want to say I'm worried about him but honestly there's no universe in which he won't get exonerated whether it happens in the episode we come back for or later on. It still looks like fun and I hope that he doesn't admit that he's Flash cause I still want Oliver to be the one to admit he's the Green Arrow รก la Tony Stark.

Keep an eye out for my Legends midseason review later tonight!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment