Monday, December 10, 2018

Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Episode 8 Review

Despite how I feel about the crossover this year, tonight's episode of Legends which acted as midseason finale was just as incredible as always! I had a ton of fun and I swear I did not stop grinning for most of it!

I've been enjoying the season so far and the world of magical creatures though I don't know if I like the idea of the Time Bureau containment facility cause it negates the whole purpose of Constantine on the ship especially not that Charlie is here. He no longer has to contain the magical beasts or identify them and though this episode attempted to explain why both he and Charlie were necessary for this season, I didn't really buy it.

But enough about that. Let's start with what happened. After Constantine broke up with Desmond, he never joined the Legends and because of that Sara died during the unicorn attack and then Zari was turned into a cat cause of the Fairy Godmother. First of all Cat!Zari was everything all episode and I loved her interactions with Charlie but especially with a half mad Constantine. I cannot tell you how hard I laughed when he talked about how soft she was and it kind of made me wish that either they would hook up or that the Legends would get a cat. I loved that the boys became this insane crime fighting group that shot first and asked questions later and that Gary took over the Time Bureau and that Ava went into a goth phase cause she was sad.

When they went back and stopped Sara's death they came back to find basically Charlie's Angels which was my favorite of the changes. The boys died cause of the Fairy Godmother and Sara, Ava and Gideon started working for Hank and I was living. They were tossing their hair and wearing these real sexy black leather outfits and it was perfection. Charlie tried to pretend to be Amaya and it went pretty well although Gideon apparently knew it wasn't her from the start. The third timeline happened when they stopped the Fairy Godmother from killing the boys and she attached herself to Mick who turned all the Legends into puppets. Their singing killed me and I loved how much Constantine hated it.

Overall Constantine and Charlie learned that they couldn't keep changing things and hoping that they would get the outcome they wanted and ended up resetting everything the way it was before the end of last episode. It was smart of this Constantine to mind erase Desmond to forget the awful breakup cause I was watching him crash and burn and cringing all the while! Zari and Charlie are now friends or so I think and Constantine told Sara the truth about what happened and of course Sara was like we'll help you cause she's amazing!

The episode ended with us finding out that Hank was behind the attempted kidnapping last week and that he's getting his orders from possessed Desmond which is amazing cause it not only keeps us from hating Hank but also puts possessed Desmond directly in the Big Bad chair which is one thing this season was missing.

I've really been enjoying this season and since season 2 Legends has basically been my favorite of the Arrowverse shows cause of how crazy and fun it is. It's the exact type of light that I enjoy unlike Flash or Supergirl and I'm always super pumped to see more. I can't wait to see what happens when we come back though I think we're getting a longer break this time around like Supergirl did last year.

I'll see you all tomorrow for part 3 and the finale of the crossover!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment