Monday, January 21, 2019

Arrow Season 7 Episode 10 Review

I'm not entirely sure how I felt about tonight's episode. I think there are a lot of interesting places that the season will go but as an episode itself, it felt a lot like a set-up episode much like The Flash last week.

Shall we start with Emiko? I was actually accidentally spoiled a while back about the name of this episode and because of that I knew that Emiko was Oliver's half sister through Robert and Shado in the comics and was the Green Arrow until she decided to be a sidekick of Oliver's. I assumed that the storyline would stay close to the same with the only change being who Emiko's mom was cause Shado was Oliver's girlfriend. As expected all of this came true but honestly now I have more questions than before about her. Who was Emiko's mom and why was she important enough that not only was she killed but the attacker hid his/her identity? How did Emiko learn archery? Does she hate Oliver and Thea and Moira for taking her father away from her and her mother? If she does, why take up the Green Arrow mantle? Also what kind of asshole was Robert that his mistress and second family lived a few minutes over in the Glades? Like he didn't even hide his secret family in another city!

A lot of her time was spent this week working with Rene and a little Curtis to track down the man she thought murdered her mother only to find out that he didn't actually do it. She said that her mom was killed a year ago and if I remember correctly that was probs during the Cayden James arc cause Diaz didn't become a player until later in the year. It would be ironic if it turned out to be Diaz who murdered her mom but it might make more sense storyline wise if the killer was the head of whatever Dante is cause it would tie this storyline with the ARGUS one. I like that she's accepted Rene onto her side but I'm actually a little surprised that she trusts him enough to help her. I assume she has some hatred of Oliver and with Rene looking up to him so much and clearly trusting him, wouldn't she be worried that he might tell Oliver the truth? It also freaks me out a little that of all the costumes in the world that she could have chosen, she picked the Green Arrow one. Girl needs some therapy ASAP.

Oliver didn't get much screen time tonight and that was a little annoying cause he is the main character of this show! We also didn't see him work with the SCPD like I expected him to but it was interesting seeing that some of the SCPD don't like him which is strange cause I thought that most of the people of Star City liked the Green Arrow and thought he was a hero. I did however like that he and Felicity seem to have worked out their issues cause I'd really rather they be a team than fight each other. The whole episode was kind of hilarious cause it was like bomb after bomb was dropped on Oliver and at some point he really needs to stop being surprised that his parents were kind of the worst. He finds out that the new Green Arrow is his half sister on his father's side and that his father basically abandoned them and that Moira found out and hid it instead of allowing Emiko and her mom to be financially supported once he died. I'm also glad that Felicity convinced him to reach out to Emiko and I can't wait to see how that goes and that's what I'm super looking forward to next week and one of the reasons that I said earlier that this felt like a setup episode.

ARGUS had a fun storyline as well with the reintroduction of the Suicide Squad onto Arrow and this makes me super happy cause I loved the last two times they popped up on Arrow. I guess this means that the restrictions that were placed on Arrow have been lifted. I hope this means the return of Deadshot who surprise twist wasn't dead after all and maybe Bronze Tiger will join up again. So far all we know is that Diaz will be on the team and honestly I'm worried about this cause I have a feeling the moment he's out in the world, someone maybe the Longbow Hunters will like deactivate his bomb and help him escape. I do hope we get a few episodes of the Suicide Squad in action before Diaz escapes cause I want to see this so badly! It's also kind of interesting that Diggle was the one to come up with the idea and that Lyla was against it even though she's been okay with getting darker for seasons now.

Oh and there was more annoying flash-forwards. Blech. I was into them for a hot second when they first appeared but now all they do is show us how terrible everyone and everything is and the only way I'll be cool with what happened in them is if they end up being an alternate future or a future that's rewritten somehow. We meet future Rene who becomes the Mayor of the Glades and only cares about the Glades and I think we're told that Rene and Felicity might have been working together to destroy Star City but then that one guy who's working for Rene killed Felicity because she was a liability which makes me think that Felicity was probs working with Rene to better the Glades but then found out that random guy wants to bomb the rest of Star City and then she backed off causing her death. I still want to know what happened to Oliver and Diggle and Curtis who hilariously wasn't even mentioned as part of the tattoo squad. Spoilers that he dies soon?

The promo for next week looks fun and I can't wait! Oliver and Emiko will talk and I hope that he tells her everything about what happened to him cause that would be a fun like walk through history. He also is going to try to help her find out who killed her mom and I would be actually pretty chill if this ended up being the story for the rest of the season!

I'll see you all tomorrow for my Flash review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment