Monday, January 28, 2019

Arrow Season 7 Episode 11 Review

What an amazing episode of Arrow! It was well paced and every storyline was interesting! And best of all, no flash forwards which seriously are sucking so much energy out of the show!

Let's start with the Felicity and Laurel stuff. I love love love that these two are like best friends now cause it always drives me crazy that the women of the Arrowverse (other than over on Supergirl) can't have friends even amongst the team (how much did we miss out with no Thea and Felicity friendship over the years) and now that there's a female show runner, she is stepping up! It was amazing that we saw these two go out for drinks and Laurel was like what's the emergency and Felicity was like I just wanted to congratulate you no emergencies here! It's everything that everyone else is like Felicity wtf and Felicity is like I like this Laurel. I also liked that Laurel had a stalker and that she went to Felicity for help and that Felicity was able to comfort her about Laurel thinking that she caused her father's death. It was hilarious how much everyone else found the idea of Laurel having a stalker funny and I'm curious to know who it is cause we thought it was that drunk guy but now Dinah is getting those notes so it has to be someone else who hates vigilantes. That begs the question of how this person knows Dinah was the Black Canary cause her identity isn't in the open like Oliver, Laurel and Rene's.

Speaking of Oliver, I was a bit disappointed that the talk with Emiko was only like two seconds long but I guess it makes sense cause she's all bitter about the Queen family. I think I heard that Thea will be back at some point this season and I'm really interested in seeing how Thea will react to Emiko. They can bond over being half-siblings! It was really funny to see Oliver doing interviews in his WASP outfits though and I really thought it was fun to bring back the bodyguard from the pilot who was killed this season and to make the villain of the week his son who had been looking for his father for all these years cause he hoped since Oliver made it back that he might be out there too. Oliver blamed himself for never reaching out but it is a two-way street. If I was that son I would have tried to contact Oliver somehow cause if anyone would have known what happened to my dad, it would be the one guy who made it back. Despite that I liked the idea that it was the redacted psychiatric files that opened this can of worms and that it led to Oliver telling the truth on air cause it led to Emiko wanting to give him a shot.

Sidebar but I actually really miss William and I kind of wish he would come back cause I also miss Oliver, Felicity and William having cute family moments. It also kind of makes this whole thing with Emiko feel weird cause here she is going on and on about how her father abandoned her and it's like where's William? I do like that we keep seeing snippets of Felicity working on security stuff cause at some point it's going to come to a head and we're totally seeing Smoak Tech aren't we?

The final storyline this week was over in ARGUS. Diggle and Lyla were recruiting for Task Force X and along with Diaz they got Deathstroke's son, Cupid, and China White. I do wish that they would have grabbed Bronze Tiger too but I totally forgot about Joey and it took me a hot second to remember who he was before I freaked out. I did like that Curtis had a problem with the whole bombs in neck thing but I mean who's he to talk when he was the one to destroy Diggle's arm chip implant last season during the whole NTA v OTA thing? The conclusion of this was super weird cause Diggle was like you'll have to deal and Curtis was like nah I'm going to do my own thing and I'm sitting here like so quit cause you can't exactly refuse direct orders! I was actually super shocked for a second thinking that Diaz actually did kill Curtis but even more surprised to find out it was a VR program. I'm not exactly sure we got any new intel from what we saw but maybe some stuff happened off screen that gave us more info. I am glad though that Diggle didn't pull the plug on the Suicide Squad cause I was super looking forward to it and was worried that it might just be a tease and not a real thing.

Another sidebar but I'm still kinda waiting for this storyline to merge back with Oliver. I know it has to at some point with Diaz being on the Suicide Squad now and maybe we haven't pulled out a Big Bad yet cause that's Dante who maybe also killed Emiko's mom on the side bringing her and Oliver and the rest of the team over to ARGUS.

Oh looks like this stalker is going to be the main focus next week! He's some sort of vigilante hater and attacked Emiko and Rene which brings everyone back together and I kind of like that Emiko was taken down cause as much as she's supposed to be a badass, Oliver is supposed to be stronger so by being laid out by this new threat makes him a bigger villain for Oliver.

I'll see you all tomorrow for my Flash review!!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment