Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The Flash Season 5 Episode 12 Review

I really enjoyed tonight's episode of the Flash though there were storylines I was more interested in than others.

Let's start with what I liked and that was Barry and Iris in Nora's memories. I liked seeing baby Nora and Barry was so sweet when he was talking about how this might be the only time he sees baby Nora. It was also fun seeing bits of the Flash museum although it was pretty much just the gift shop and one room. Barry's excitement in the gift shop was everything though. I was also interested to find out that Cicada comes back after the Flash disappears and has been murdering for so long and I'm pretty sure that it's grownup Grace who takes up the mantle in the future though I'll talk more about that in the Nora and Grace section. The only thing that disappointed me was that I was so so hoping that we might accidentally get a reveal that Nora and Eobard are working together but fortunately for Nora we stuck on day and didn't move around. I do think though that with Eobard being Nora's defense mechanism that Sherloque now has everything he needs to put together Nora's secret and I can't wait until it comes out! I do wonder though if Barry is a bit suspicious now too cause he seemed to not be fully convinced about why Nora went into Grace on her own and gave a weird look when she said her secret was her memories of Iris.

Speaking of, can we talk about Nora's memory of Iris? I'm really disappointed in the show for how they ended up writing this. We were told for almost 12 episodes that Iris wasn't the best mom but now we find out that no in fact Iris did her best and actually was kind and loving so apparently Nora is just a gigantic asshole who hated her mom for literally no reason? I understand that Iris is a main character but the show had no problem writing Barry as an asshole in the future and over on Arrow we are told Oliver and Felicity abandon William but Iris is where we draw the line? I really don't like this cause if Iris was a really good mom then why would Nora even turn to Eobard in the first place? I've been on the fence with whether I like Nora as a character or not but after this she's the worst isn't she?

Sidebar but we also learn that Nora and Eobard are apparently working together to stop Cicada and my question is was this really the original reason Nora went back in time or did they change their plan when Nora arrived? Why come to this time? Why not try to stop her dad from disappearing? I really do hope at some point this season we get answers to this. I obviously still don't trust Eobard and I'm still waiting for the reason why he's doing this...

Nora and Grace's walk through her memories was actually pretty boring until the end and I spent most of the episode wanting to go back to Barry and Iris in Nora's memories cause that's what I was more interested in. Part of it is cause I'm so over Cicada and the other was cause I was hoping we'd get a Nora/Eobard reveal so it wasn't all fair. I was actually really thrown with Grace and how she ended up on her uncle's side. She's apparently been able to hear everything while she was in her coma and I know she's young and loves her uncle but it was still surprising that she took her uncle's side and was like yeah murdering is chill yo. I wonder if the shrapnel in her brain is causing some side effects or if she's misunderstanding what she's hearing cause she's so young so she doesn't actually understand what her uncle's doing. The end scene where she was sitting there repeating over and over that Nora was a liar makes me believe that when she wakes up she'll end up taking on the Cicada mantle in the end or support her uncle making what Team Flash is doing pointless.

Also can we talk about how Nora and Barry had super speed in Grace's memories but when it was time to leave they couldn't just grab Grace and run with her? Are we supposed to believe that force won't work? Like do they need Grace's permission to go through that portal? Or was this lazy writing?

The final storyline was with Cisco and Ralph. Ralph tricked Cisco into going to a bar with him by pretending he needed Vibe's help to track Cicada but Ralph actually just wanted to hang out with Cisco. Cisco has been real weird this season and he was just straight out mean to Ralph tonight. He's like obsessed with this metacure and got furious that Ralph would waste his time even though it was him who said that whatever he's working on would take until 3 AM to finish so like he couldn't chill in this bar until then? I was glad that Ralph knocked some sense into him by talking about how Cisco needs to stop waiting to live his life cause there always will be a next problem and if you don't seize the moment you'll find yourself not living at all. I did like Cisco hitting it off with the bartender but how much do you want to bet that she's actually one of the two sisters Cisco needs for the metacure and not a love interest (at least for now.) Seriously Ralph should have just taken Caitlin. She could have been a great wing-woman!

Um I not sure what that promo was for next week. It looks like there's some important tech that was stolen that can be used to take down Cicada so Ralph and Barry go undercover to buy it but end up working for whoever the guy in charge is. I don't really have anything to say other than I hope we get more Sherloque on the prowl cause I'm just counting down the episodes until the Nora reveal!

I'll see you all Friday for my weekly reviews!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment