Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The Flash Season 5 Episode 10 Review

I struggled and I struggled to find it in me to write a review for tonight's episode but I was so so bored during it that I barely paid attention to what was happening so though I ended up actually writing this, I don't know if it'll come out any good...

The main plot of this episode had to do with Nora and her struggle to decide if criminals can ever change or if they're always untrustworthy. After finding out that Eobard Thawne was the reason for the death of her grandmother in front of her father, she realized that Thawne might have been lying to her the whole time and that maybe he was using her. This should have been really interesting cause I'm fascinated with the idea of what Thawne wants and whether he's turned over a new leaf or not (my bet would be on not) but the episode spent most of it's time with other rogues and not Eobard. I'm still really curious about what happened to him and why he's locked up and only seems to have an hour or so left until he dies or is executed or something. I also really want to know why Nora started visiting him in the first place and what's going on in the future and especially what they're plotting to do! I heard there's a flash forward episode coming this season that dives into all this and Nora's life before now and that is what I'm looking forward to.

It's honestly hilarious how little I care about Cicada being the main villain this season and it's hilarious that the show keeps wanting me to believe that he's one of the biggest and baddest (defeating all Flash metaheroes and Supergirl and Green Arrow and the Legends) but in actuality he doesn't seem to feel like a threat at all and the show's not doing much to help that. I wonder if they brought up this future Thawne and Nora team up thing cause they realized that Cicada was not working and went a different route. Maybe we'll defeat Cicada earlier and Thawne will be the actual Big Bad.

Cisco and Caitlin spent the episode arguing about whether or not Cisco should create a metacure and it was funny cause I really didn't expect Cisco to be the one to bring this up cause he always seemed to enjoy his powers and this season really feels like the writers don't know how to write him anymore cause he's felt so out of character for so long. And seriously if we were going to go the metacure route, why not do that in season 3 when Caitlin was worried about Killer Frost? Of course the main problem with making a cure like this is has to do with moral implications about forcing metas to take the cure so it's kinda weird that Cisco and Caitlin decided to do it only to give a choice to people but I can't imagine any good person with meta powers wanting to give them up and villains definitely wouldn't so who would this cure be for? And seriously Cisco's main argument was that he wants to have a family in the future and doesn't want them to worry about losing him but having meta powers wouldn't stop that. He could have the powers but not fight which is the same moral stance as giving up powers and not fight. It would be interesting if they made it and made the cure public making Star Labs and themselves rich again cause with the Flash around, no one's going to be stealing it from them.

Oh also there was some Cecile stuff where she returned to working as a DA and it was so so so boring. I think she basically felt Weather Witch's remorse and was like well maybe she deserves a lesser sentence after all. Also Sherloque is still digging around to find out what Nora's secrets are and all he's discovered is that Nora is being suspicious and managed to delete all her files from Gideon which makes me wonder what she could be hiding cause it's not like the files would have said that she visits Eobard on the regular.

Sidebar one of the best moments this episode was when Barry was given Mick's erotic novel to read while he was locked up. Barry was so into it and I was dying.

The promo for next week was weirdly long but it looks really really good. I wonder if we'll actually wrap up Cicada next week cause the way the promo made it feel was as if it was the season finale with those high stakes. I'm sure Nora will end up fine in the end and not actually paralyzed cause she is a meta but even if she isn't, there's always Felicity's spinal implant. I also wonder if we'll start to get a few flashes of the future so we can learn about Nora a little.

I'll see you all tomorrow for my Riverdale review and then Friday for my weekly drama reviews!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment