Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Episode 10 Review (+ Episode 9 Quick Thoughts)

Hey guys!! Soooo I apologize again for being MIA recently and being unable to review the midseason premiere of SHIELD so I'll do a quick paragraph about what I loved before getting into this episode.

I was really worried about this half of the season because like I've said over and over, I don't love robots so I was worried that the show would go from the amazingness that was the Ghost Rider to what season 3 of The 100 was but after watching the episode, I felt a lot better. Not only was the shift from Ghost Rider to LMD completely effortless but I really enjoyed the twist of Radcliff actually being the one behind AIDA's change rather than AIDA herself. I don't believe that Radcliff was always evil but that the Darkhold amplified the worst part of him. My favorite part of the episode was Mack and YoYo running around the base making robot jokes and when Mack "killed" AIDA and said roll credits, I couldn't stop laughing. The B storyline with Senator Nadeer and Vijay was also interesting although I don't know why Vijay would go with his sister at the end when he knew that she was trying to kill him even if she was family. I definitely don't think he's dead and I'm looking forward to seeing more from him. I wonder if his inhuman power is something like adaption so he adapts to the situation? That would explain why he could suddenly fight and then crystallized to heal his bullet wound. It was definitely an amazing return!

Now let's get into this week's episode which was also fun.

First of all let me say, I FREAKING KNEW IT! I called it from episode 5 that Mace was no inhuman! And I was right! Also his whole Vienna secret was so so lame! He tripped and fell over a woman causing him to look like a hero? God Mace sucks so hard. I knew from the moment that the briefcase got important this episode (I have literally never seen it before but I probably wasn't paying close enough attention cause I would be the worst spy) that it had something that he had to take for his powers. I thought for a second that maybe whatever was in the case would prevent him from hulking out but ultimately it was a super soldier serum although I really liked how they used the serum that Daisy's father used rather than something that Bucky used cause that's #Hydra. Speaking of Hydra, I also really liked how they sort of came back for this episode although it was mostly just the grunts working with the Watchdogs although these idiots shouldn't really be working with the Watchdogs cause Hydra likes powered people!

This reveal explains why Mace has always been kind of a terrible director even though I warmed up to him over the course of the season. I always felt he was sketchy and I'm kinda glad they went this route rather than the route of him being a Watchdog or Hydra cause we've literally been there done that way too many times. The ending where Coulson told Mace to be the face of SHIELD but that he was going to call the orders was so damn badass and can we get a round of applause for Coulson!!??

Meanwhile I totally called it that LMD May was subconsciously following orders and thought she was human. Well until the end when she realized there were wires inside her. I was kinda surprised she didn't say anything to Daisy at the end but I guess it makes sense cause she literally just found out and probably needed some time to think. Also is anyone else feeling like the whole May and Coulson thing is a bit heavy-handed? They've always cared for each other but where was this overwhelming fear for Coulson's life coming from? Coulson can take of himself. I'm hoping that this is a LMD thing but then again all the characters are acting like this is normal so maybe I'm just going to have to get used to it.

Real May got out of her simulation which was hilarious to me but was quickly sedated again. I feel like next week's escape shown in the promos is going to be the simulation Radcliffe puts her under. How hilarious was it that the calm simulation AIDA 2.0 gave her actually cause May more anxiety? Also is anyone else getting a vibe from AIDA 2.0 that she's getting annoyed with Radcliffe? Maybe she will go rogue but that wouldn't make much sense cause AIDA 2.0 never saw the Darkhold? More evidence of Radcliffe not being evil was in how he didn't want AIDA 2.0 to kill anyone ever again. I wonder if there's a way to purge the Darkhold from someone's mind? Maybe the Ghost Rider can do it and that's how we'll get him back this half season?

Fitz is still keeping secrets from Jemma because he really wants AIDA to work out for some reason that the show hasn't really explained although the show won't really explain why Jemma's so against it either. They're both scientists, shouldn't they be curious? He downloaded AIDA 1.0's files from the head and I predict that he'll realize that AIDA 1.0 never got corrupted and was only doing what Radcliffe told her. I really dislike that this storyline is what's going to break up or cause tension between Fitzsimmons cause I hate the cliche keeping secrets from the significant other. We've already slugged through this on Arrow with Olicity, we don't need it here. Jemma on the other hand was kinda awesome in the interrogation room when she pretended that she chopped the head off of someone during an interrogation by using AIDA 1.0's head.

It was great seeing Daisy back but I still want a team of inhumans storyline for her. The show keeps talking about inhumans but Daisy and sometimes YoYo are the only ones we get on this show.

Anyway loved this episode although I liked last week's a little better! I can't wait for next week's episode where I'm assuming someone leaked the AIDA takeover to Nadeer? I doubt it was the Mace isn't an inhuman thing cause the only ones who knew that was our main cast and they wouldn't be double agents. Even if LMD May leaked it to Radcliffe, I doubt he'd care enough to tell Nadeer. That's all for now!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment