Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Flash Season 3 Episode 10 Review

The Flash returned tonight and it was an okay return. I've been so apathetic to the Flash this season and I really wish I weren't cause there's a lot of interesting ideas that the show likes to tease but they never truly live up to the expectations. This week's episode was fun though despite nothing really happening. It felt like a heavy setting up the board episode.

So up first, Barry was acting like an ass as usual cause he was stressed about Iris dying. He attacked Wally for wanting to be a hero and saving his life from Plunder because he thought if he let Plunder go, Iris may not die. Luckily this secrecy didn't last for longer than a few minutes and Barry came clean to Iris and then to everyone else. I'm glad he did cause the team works the best when they all collaborate and come up with plans together. I also liked the news headlines that they saw in the future! They should be fun plot points. Who caught the Music Meister one and smiled? Also Iris is totally not okay and she's probably going to have a meltdown in the future no matter what she tells Barry. But I get it cause she can't go to Barry with her worries cause that'll just worry him more so maybe Wally or Caitlin would lend an ear?

Speaking of headlines, there was one about Killer Frost being on the loose and I'm so sick and tired of this no explanation thing on why ice powers turn you evil. Whatever. I'm excited to see what happens cause I love Caitlin and I'm thrilled she has something to do this season besides romance. And right after I say that, let me also say that I'm really liking this Julian and Caitlin thing. I don't know if it's meant to read romantic but I'm getting that vibe. I liked how she was the one to go to him and ask for help and how she convinced him (and then the others) to join Team Flash. It was also sweet when he and Cisco worked together to make a solar powered snowflake necklace to charge those bracelets. How hilarious was it when her bracelets lost power and she literally had to plug herself into the wall using what looked like a macbook charger? I can't wait until Robbie Amell comes back cause I'm interested in what Ronnie will be doing and how Caitlin will react. I would love it if he came back permanently but with Stein gone, who knows?

Wally was super precious all episode and I love him so much. He was so happy when he was saving the day and it's just what the show needs right now to combat the broodiness of Barry. It's refreshing to see someone who loves to be a hero! I hope that Wally will be able to take some of the comic book storylines onto the show cause in the comics, he is faster than Barry and becomes super well versed with the Speed Force cause he spends a lot of time studying it. Studying the speedforce would be a fun storyline to separate him from Barry and keep Wally from just being the backup.

And the last storyline has to do with the Star Labs Museum. I was so sure that this museum storyline would turn into the Flash Museum and I still think that's where this is going cause I don't know how many people would want to see Star Labs cause like everyone hates it for the particle accelerator but it was cute seeing Cisco finally stepping on board and fixing HR's museum problems. Also that person in the end, is totally either the partner who was helping Wells or the real one cause I've never trusted HR!

So overall this was an okay episode. I feel like nothing really happens each week and that's kinda sad. I know shows need to slow down once in a while to focus on the characters but these superhero shows also need some sort of action too and I feel like the Flash has been all about the slow burn all season and I keep waiting for the payoff. Anyway, next week's episode looks better and I hope it's more fun than this week's!

Tune into my Agents of SHIELD and Legends of Tomorrow reviews later tonight!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment