Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 9 Review

Legends of Tomorrow came back tonight and despite the storyline being kinda boring, I freaking loved this episode because of how funny it was. Also it literally had Star Wars in it and how can I not love something with Star Wars?? Let's get into it.

Stein caught Mick talking to his Leonard hallucination and Mick opened up to him about what was happening. I thought this was a one-time thing but apparently not... Stein thought that maybe a ghost of Leonard was floating around space talking to Mick through a receiver that the Time Masters implanted in him but I had my doubts cause Leonard would never tell Mick that he should leave the Waverider unless he came from the past so I thought maybe the Legion picked up Leonard from the past and brought him to freak Mick out. That would have been fun but it ended up being just Mick's own doubts coming to him in the form of Leonard. Guys I miss him and I hope they figure out a way to bring him back.... But this lead to the best interactions between Stein and Mick with the rest of the team. When Stein told Sara that Mick had a migraine and then when Jax and Sara walked in on Stein doing brain surgery, I died of laughter.

I never thought I'd love Nate as much as I do now and my feelings towards him constantly waver cause sometimes I think he's hilarious and other times, he's childish. In tonight's episode, I leaned towards the former and loved every second he and Ray and Amaya were on screen. Ray and Nate play off of each other so well and I loved Ray constantly telling Nate that he and Amaya were not together at the beginning. I also liked seeing the Star Wars references in this episode that George Lucas clearly took and used in A New Hope! Despite everyone on the team thinking it was silly, I thought it was sweet that Nate and Ray became who they were based on Lucas' films. Movies inspire people.

Rip has apparently been brainwashed somehow with some sort of time drive that caused all his memories to be repressed. I thought it was funny that he made a movie out of everything that happened to the Legends. Also hilarious was the whole sequence in the jail when Sara, Stein and Mick broke him out. I wonder how long these effects will last cause obviously they'll go away at some point and I wonder if this is yet another way to bring Leonard back (I'm not sorry). It did suck in the end though when the Legion captured him and will torture him. I'm sure he'll be saved next week though.

Speaking of the Legion, it's kinda funny to see them cause they're literally two regular people and one superpowered person. When they were fighting the Legends at the dump, they were so overpowered until Eobard showed up which makes me wonder why Eobard picked them over other superpowered villains other than the writers wanted them. Also I need an explanation as to from what time Merlyn appeared and where everyone in present day Star City thinks he is.

Also the friendship between Sara and Jax is so sweet and I'm loving how they've been acting as the parents for the Legends this season!

Anyway I thought this episode was hilarious and a ton of fun, so much so that it takes your mind away from how the plot sucked and just makes you enjoy what you're watching. That's the best thing about Legends and the only way to watch it!

Keep an eye out for my Agents of SHIELD review later tonight!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment