Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Episode 12 Review

I thought this week's episode was going to be a lot of fun but more of a filler episode. That was not the case. A lot happened in this week's episode and it was amazing! Let's get into it!

So firstly ZACH MCGOWAN IS THE SUPERIOR!!! Why is he in like everything I watch recently? First Black Sails, then the 100 and now Agents of SHIELD. I know he's the villain and he's all racist and against inhumans and he's supposed to be a terrible person but I couldn't stop fangirling over him. God he's so hot and buff and his fake Russian accent made me laugh (not that it sounded fake but that I knew it was fake cause I've heard his real American accent). Anyway that's enough of that. I'll be serious now. Okay so it was kinda disappointing that the reasoning behind why the Superior hates inhumans is just basically jealousy in that they have powers and he doesn't. So lame. I was hoping that the Superior had a bigger badder plan and that he was just using Nadeer and the Watchdogs. Oh and apparently he doesn't trust machines either. Sigh. Also what the hell was up with him wanting Coulson? I am so utterly confused. He thinks that Coulson is the reason for everything? God what a moron.

I did enjoy Radcliffe and the LMDs this episode. I think it was fun how Radcliffe was able to figure out where the Darkhold was by mapping Billy's brain and seeing his memories although I didn't know that he could do that... There has to be a way to undo what the Darkhold did right cause despite Radcliffe doing bad things, he's still not a bad person by trying to avoid torture or killing. How hilarious was Billy when he turned to Radcliffe and was like I can't do torture, do you have cyanide or something. I loved how the Superior was shocked that AIDA was a LMD although why his first thought about AIDA fighting like a badass was that she was inhuman was weird. May fights like that and Daisy can fight like that without powers. Also do we think Radcliffe will give up Coulson just because the Superior wants him? And why didn't Radcliffe take LMD May with him? Like I know she served her purpose but wouldn't having another badass LMD at his side be a good thing?

Our team had a few bumps along the way. Poor Coulson finally made his move only to figure out May was a LMD. Something about this relationship just doesn't work for me. It was skeezy now because we all knew that May wasn't really May but I don't know if I like the idea of real May and Coulson together. The Koenigs turned out just to be brothers instead of clones or LMDs or something. Sam's interactions with Daisy were amazing. I loved him fangirling over Quake and talking about the fanfiction he read about her and I loved how Daisy was like Sam you've known me for three years why are you acting weird. The Koenig sister was awesome too. I also liked how Daisy came in and blasted May and was all so May's a robot and was so confused. I'm really really glad they figured out May was a LMD so quickly cause I could only handle so many episodes of LMD May spying. We have enough villains, we don't need moles too.

Now let's go back to the base and my poor baby Fitz. Did we ever know about Fitz's dad before this cause I feel like I don't remember anything about that... Now that he's been mentioned, how long until he shows up on the show do we think? I'd say we'll see him by the end of the season but I might be wrong. I loved how protective Jemma and Mack got about Fitz and I will never be tired of them being all mama bear about him. I also liked how the show brought up Ward's betrayal cause I was hoping they wouldn't forget about that huge thing that affected Fitz so much. Also it totally makes sense now why Fitz was so upset about Daisy leaving if his father abandoned him. And I say this over and over but I love how damn smart Fitz and Simmons are. Jemma realized immediately that May was a LMD because Radcliffe mapped out her brain when she was touched by that ghost which I completely forgot about. Now it makes so much sense how Radcliffe was also to replace May in a few minutes! I also really like the conversation LMD Radcliffe had with Mack about what really makes a person human. I hope we get more of this from more than just Fitz.

In case you couldn't tell, I loved this episode. It looks like we might be trying to say May next episode and I hope we get her back! I'm also waiting for Robbie to come back because I hope he does at least once before the season is over. This season is giving me major final season vibes and I really really hope that isn't the case cause I don't know what I'd do without my weekly Agents of SHIELD dose.

Tune in for my Arrow review tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment