Monday, January 23, 2017

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 9 Review

WE ARE FINALLY BACK GUYS! It feels like it's been forever and a day since we've seen Supergirl and what a great episode to come back on! I keep saying that Supergirl is the best DCTV show I watch and after this episode I feel like it's probably because I am so in love with the aliens and the other planets that this show gives cause it's so different from all the other shows! Plus Melissa as Kara is literally the absolute best. Now let's get into this amazing episode!!

So let's start with Alex and Maggie first. Their domestic bliss was precious and I loved how happy Alex was. Alex isn't happy enough and I was grinning the whole time she was bouncing around the screen in love. I was also glad the argument between Alex and Maggie was solved pretty quickly cause there's nothing I hate more than dragged out drama. Families are sore spots and when you're in a relationship, you can't take arguments/anger seriously when it comes to family. I'm looking at you Olicity. Alex and Kara are still the sweetest and I wish the show would give them more moments cause it's been a while since the two of them could be together and happy. I do love when Alex and the DEO storm somewhere and help Supergirl so that was fun!!

Also did you notice how little J'onn there was tonight? He's always hovering around in the background so it kinda threw me when he didn't appear until later on... I hope we are able to follow up with M'gann and the White Martian storyline in the future!

Next up let's talk about Winn! I still don't like Winn working with Guardian storyline cause I understand why James needs to be out on the streets but I still don't understand why Winn does. What he does with Guardian, he can do at the DEO with better tech with Supergirl. But whatever, we're just supposed to believe he's being fulfilled out there so I'll go with it. His PTSD from being attacked made total sense but I was glad that this only went on for one episode and he was able to pick himself up and be able to go back out in the field. Like I've probably said before, I love that storylines on Supergirl don't drag longer than they should!

Now onto the meat of the episode. Roulette was back tonight and she was running a human trafficking ring on a Slaver Moon which sells slaves to other planets like Daxam (wink wink nudge nudge). Guys how much obvious is this show going to make it that Mon El is the Prince of Daxam they keep talking about? Anyway Kara was feeling all sad cause she's used to fighting aliens and solving big problems and now all she's doing is stopping bank robbers so she jumped at the missing person's case. I completely agreed with Mon here about her looking for trouble. It led to another fun moment where we got to see Kara be the amazing person she is because even on a planet with a red sun where she had no powers, she still stood up and tried to help!

It was even enough to seduce Mon El onto the hero side. I can't wait until we get his costume! Also I kinda wish he would tell Kara the truth cause after tonight, he has to know that his past is catching up with him so it's better to get out in front of it before the last minute so it doesn't seem like he's trying to save his own ass. Also I couldn't stop laughing when he and Kara were in the lab and trying to explain why they came in and their combined goofiness was too much!! I don't know how people say that he's boring cause he's so interesting to me! This is his very own becoming a hero storyline! The argument that the show has become about him is irritating too cause I don't think that's true at all. I feel like the show is pretty good at balancing all the characters and giving each of them something to do. Besides when someone says this, it's just because they don't like the character cause if attention was given to another character they like, it wouldn't be a problem.

Anyway loved this episode and again, I'm glad that Roulette wasn't killed or jailed cause I love her and I want her to be a continuous villain for Supergirl. The best thing about comics is how villains always come back and I need to see that on these shows! I also want to know more about Daxam and Mon El and why that Dominator bowed to Mon El and why he was even there. Oh and are we going to see Dominators on this Earth?? I can't wait until next week!

Make sure to tune into my Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Agents of SHIELD reviews tomorrow!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment