Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Flash Season 3 Episode 11 Review

Tonight's episode of the Flash felt like another kinda filler episode with little bits of plot moving forward thrown in. Despite that, I really enjoyed this episode (probably cause Barry wasn't the main focus).

Let's start with HR. I really liked Gypsy this episode and her with Cisco was adorable although I loved how Caitlin called him out for liking the "villains" although she's one to talk with Hunter!! Is is just me or does it still seem like Harry is hiding something from the group? I still don't trust him and I feel like I'll continue feeling this way until the end of the season or until he really proves himself trustworthy. It's probably not a fair feeling because I'm sure the only reason I don't trust him is cause of season 1 and 2 Harrison Wells being sketchy but then again Gypsy made it sound like what HR did was much worse than simply traveling to a different Earth.... I really enjoyed HR with Wally so I hope we get more of that soon. Back to Cisco though. It was fun finally seeing him use his powers again cause honestly he doesn't get enough usage out of them and unlike Caitlin isn't going to be evil when he uses them so I don't know why he's sidelined so often. I hope he becomes more badass soon. I also liked the joke of Gypsy bringing back a ton of coffee because there isn't any on her Earth. How sad for them. I could not live without coffee.

As I predicted, Julian was a fun addition to the team at Star Labs although I'm starting to feel like there's too many people here which is why I was glad the show finally gave Iris something to do and everyone was off doing their own things so the lab was less crowded. His snarky comments were amazing and I still love when he and Caitlin interact. I hope this continues and he keeps bringing something new to the team with a less emotional look at everything. He's the only one who looks at things scientifically cause he doesn't know and love everyone like the rest do.

Speaking of Iris, I was so so so so so so glad that the show FINALLY remembered that Iris was more than just Barry's girlfriend and gave her something to do for the first time this season even though it was kind of lame and ended super quickly. I loved the scene where she walked straight up to the guy with the gun and said that she wasn't afraid to die. It was amazing and super badass. I was also glad that she had the foresight to bring Wally along because even when she's emotional and trying to prove something, she's still smart enough to realize that she does need some super-powered backup. I love when Wally and Iris get to interact. I also died of laughter at Iris and Joe's conversation when Iris was distracting Joe and how he thought she was pregnant. His reaction was the absolute best. Also I still love Barry and Iris together and I loved their scene in the apartment when Barry was teasing Iris by reading her article five times to make her tense.

Wally was also pretty awesome this episode and I loved how it took Barry almost the whole episode to figure out how to beat Savitar when I realized a second after Julian mentioned how Barry would never be fast enough although maybe that's cause I love Wally so damn much both in the comics and in the show. Wally is faster than Barry in the comics and Savitar is his villain not Barry's so it kinda makes sense that Wally might be Barry's ace in the hole. I still love how excited Wally is to be Kid Flash but it still irritates me that everyone gets mad at him whenever he takes some initiative and goes to do something. If Barry did it, no one would be upset but if Wally does it, everyone's up in arms.

Anyway loved this episode and I look forward to next week's cause more Wally!!! I think I've decided that I'm not a huge fan of Barry heavy or Barry-centric episodes and those are the ones that I like the least cause I don't like broody Barry.

Keep an eye out for my Agents of SHIELD review later tonight!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment