Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Arrow Season 5 Episode 11 Review

I'm not sure how I felt about this week's episode but there were pieces that really interested me and I look forward to exploring more in the future. Let's get into it!

So first up the new Black Canary aka Dinah Drake aka the original Black Canary in the comics and Laurel's mom. I know this has been the cause of uproar all over the interwebs but honestly I'm fine with it. I loved Laurel and I think Black Siren seems like a cool villain but I've never been the type to harp over comic continuity so to me it's fine if they replaced the Black Canary even though Sara is still around. I wonder if Dinah will become the Black Canary or if she'll come up with a different code name. Canary, Black Canary, White Canary, Black Siren.... We've had so many adaptations. She seems interesting so far although this episode was all about her backstory so I'm going to reserve judgement until we seem more of her next week. I will be interested to see her meet the rest of the team and see her suit up in whatever she decides to go with. How long do we think until Oliver sleeps with Dinah if he's back to his manwhore ways?

I don't know how I feel about Dark Felicity which is clearly where this show is planning on taking her cause I want Felicity to have storylines and I'm thrilled that this one isn't about a guy but then again Felicity is who she is cause she's happy and the light of the group hence my mixed feelings. I mean look at what The Flash did with Cisco and how much everyone hated it. Everyone already hates Felicity so I am not looking forward to the backlash the show will get with Dark Felicity. Although if she decides to go goth again, I would die of laughter. Speaking of dying of laughter, I love how when Felicity drops the fact that she was a goth in college that everyone always reacts like they can't believe it. It was fun to see her and Rory banter about the dark web girl and I really like the way these two play off of each other.

Diggle got out of prison much faster than I thought he would. I believe the charges were dropped by the end of the episode right? Or was it just bail? Either way if it was this easy, I'm not sure why they had to break Diggle out of prison in the beginning of the episode. Despite this, I'm very glad that this storyline seems to be ending cause like I love you Diggle but honestly this military storyline is painfully boring. I wish we could see more of Lyla and ARGUS though cause like you would think a spy organization which is run by the wife of the main Arrow team would be more helpful.

In the flashbacks, we saw Talia talking to Oliver about returning home and becoming the Hood. This was super interesting because of several reasons. Firstly, I was not expecting this Bratva storyline to be over so quickly. Not that I'm complaining cause I was getting kinda bored of the Bratva. Secondly is this all we'll see of Talia cause I thought she would be training Oliver in the flashbacks but instead it seems like she just came to give Oliver a wakeup call. Thirdly I noticed she never said that she was Talia Al Ghul which makes sense cause when Oliver meets Nyssa and Ra's he isn't like yo I knew your sister/daughter Talia. I know Katrina Law who plays Nyssa said in an interview that she would love to come back and have a scene with Talia and I really hope this happens. Do we think Talia will appear in the present day?

How funny was the moment in Central City when Oliver called Captain Singh and asked for details on Dinah and Captain Singh was like prove that you're the Green Arrow and Oliver texted Barry who sped through the office and left a note? I love that recently these shows have all been having little scenes in other cities/Earths just to show how connected the Arrowverse is. Flash went to National City and Legends and Arrow went to Central City. It's amazing and it makes me grin every time.

Next week's promo was super confusing and I don't really know what we saw other than it looks like we're back to Russia in the present day? And it's possibly a Diggle centric episode again (which I love). I'm looking forward to it.

Tune in later tonight for my The 100 review.

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment