Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 Episode 14 Review

I wasn't a huge fan of tonight's episode despite loving certain moments throughout.

My major problem with this episode was with the Superior. He is such a moron and is so completely off base with his Coulson conspiracy theory that he's not even on the same planet as the rest of us. Every time he opens his mouth, I just feel embarrassed for him. I love Zach McGowan but of all the roles he could have taken, he chose this one? The Superior is neither threatening nor smart. I keep waiting for something to change and I keep thinking that it's not possible that he's so lame but I'm disappointed each episode. Like Coulson said, cool origin story bro but no one cares. I cringed at his backstory and how he kept repeating over and over that Coulson was the cause of everything and I cheered at loud at snarky Coulson. Also when Daisy came in and spanked his ass with her powers, I just shook my head. He's so lame. I really really hoped that this was the end of him but Daisy let him go after attacking him which I was confused about for a while cause why not arrest him??

I guess he's just supposed to be a misdirect cause the real villain is AIDA and Radcliffe which is much better but after this episode, I am almost certain that AIDA is going to go rogue. While Radcliffe is playing around in the Framework, AIDA was studying the Superior's techniques and I'm sure she learned to copy his inhumanity. Also she seems to be experiencing emotions and seemed to be oddly hurt by what the Superior said to her about being filth. Very very interesting.

Fitz and Simmons were awesome tonight too. Any time they get to shine is perfect. I love their relationship and how real it feels and how it's not all about the drama that most tv couples go through. They are an united front (most of the time) and even when they disagree, they're on the same side in the end. I really loved how Mack told Fitz that AIDA and the Framework were probably his fault and how Fitz, now that we know about his emotionally abusive father, believed him but was convinced otherwise by Jemma. I died when Jemma wanted to go find AIDA on her own and Fitz was like I'm slightly less concerned now that you're bringing Davis and Davis was like ouch.

The twist at the end where Coulson, Daisy, Mace and Mack were replaced by LMDs was awesome. I can't wait to see how Jemma and Fitz deal with them next week cause the two people Radcliffe should be worried about are together and fine and geniuses. I was afraid for a second that Fitz was the LMD when Jemma was talking and that he would hit Jemma as soon as she looked at the file so I was relieved it wasn't them.

Don't forget to tune in tomorrow for my Arrow review!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment