Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Flash Season 3 Episode 14 Review

So after rereading my review of the Flash last week, I found that I was a little harsh about my thoughts. I still don't know why I didn't love the episode but I definitely didn't hate it like my review portrayed! Part 2 was good too but again nothing to write home about.

So Grodd did a thing and popped over to Earth 1 using a mind-controlled Gypsy and really did anyone think otherwise? There was no way she was evil. His big plan was to nuke the city and then take over but Barry stopped the nuke by speed typing in multiple codes to find the kill code. Isn't it funny how on Arrow nukes are digital while on Flash they're analog? I guess this was a way to keep the problem in Central City and not have Barry run to Felicity and ask her to help. Also was anyone else hoping that maybe Ronnie would be back to absorb the nuclear missiles? I did like the way they solved the problem with Grodd and rather than fighting him directly, they had Solovar come and beat him for them which was awesome! I was really curious about the rest of the gorillas cause what did Grodd tell them about why they were here on Earth 1 cause his big plan was to make the gorillas scared of humans but then why would they travel to a different Earth and attack one particular city rather than attacking cities in Earth 2? I guess we're not supposed to think about it tbh. I was wondering about where they would put Grodd and love how they were like we gave him to Lyla and ARGUS. Casually bffs with the head of ARGUS who is there to store all the crazies. They should have shipped him to Lian Yu with Slade. That would be funny.

Jessie and Wally are pretty cute but for some reason I never really expected her to stay on Earth 1 cause I figured Earth 2 needs a superhero speedster and because if she stayed, it would have made the whole Harry has to leave our Earth so we got HR idea moot. Now that she actually is staying, HR seems pointless tbh cause why can't Harry just stay so he can be around Jessie too? I assume it's cause he's got a lot of work to do in Earth 2 cause his name wasn't run through the mud there. I still can't believe that HR is the one version of Wells that the show decided to keep. I loved Harry pretending to be dying so Wally would feel bad about asking Jessie to move to Earth 1 and I was glad that he told her the truth cause lies and secrets suck on these shows and because I loved how she stormed in and yelled at her dad and Harry was all shocked and pretended like he had no idea what was happening. I kinda still wonder if he was telling the truth about being sick and was pretending to have lied so Jessie would stay on Earth 1 and not watch him die.... Talk about a dark twist! The final scene with Wally and Jessie was so awkward cause usually the scene that comes back after the Flash logo is something crazy and leads to the next episode so the cuteness between Wally and Jessie was kinda ruined cause I kept waiting for something bad to happen and lo and behold it was! I was totally expecting Wally to be running and then accidently run into the speed force cause I keep waiting for that to happen cause that's what gave Wally the leg up in the comics (it probs won't happen in the show cause logistics but it doesn't stop my brain from jumping there.)

Cisco and Gypsy were hilarious this episode too. I loved him talking to Caitlin about never finding a girl and honestly I love their relationship and how it's so platonic cause it's so hard to find a show with a male/female friendship that has no unrequited love or hints of romance! On the other hand, I'm not sure how I feel about Gypsy being the one for Cisco. She's fun and all but I want someone better for Cisco who lives on this Earth! That being said, I loved their awkward kiss and Gypsy's line about how he wouldn't be able to handle her and everyone else's reactions to the kiss and Cisco's little I'm going to marry that woman. He really has the worst luck with women doesn't he? Lisa Snart who's a villain, Kendra Saunders who left him for her reincarnated love and now Gypsy.

Talking about love, Barry proposed to Iris and straight up it felt so out of nowhere! We've never seen any hints that Barry was thinking about marriage and is it just me or does it seem really fast? They've only been dating for half a season..... Do we think that this wedding will actually happen? Or will some artificial drama pop up like it did for Olicity (forever bitter) to stop it? I think they should bite the bullet and get Barry and Iris married cause I would love if for once there was a happy steady romantic relationship on tv without all the fake drama. (Sobbing in a corner for the lost Olicity relationship.) It was kinda weird that the show ended before we got to hear Iris's answer which kinda leads me to believe she said no....

Next week is Savitar's return which finally. He's the villain of the season but it's been forever since we saw him. It looks like he's using Wally like he used Julian and Barry is losing his shit possibly on Wally. Poor guy. I wonder if Wally will be the betrayer that Savitar predicted or if this is just a red herring cause that would be too easy.

Tune in tomorrow for my Arrow review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment