Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The 100 Season 4 Episode 1 Review

Hey guys! It's been two seasons since I last did a review for the 100 but that had to do mainly with the fact that I was not a huge fan of season 3 and where it went although I did do a top 10 episodes of the season post. I decided to give this show one more shot cause I did ultimately love this world and it's characters despite everything so I went into the season 4 premiere having only seen one trailer for it. I wanted a fresh and clear viewing without all the negativity last season and I found that I enjoyed this episode. A bit of time away from this show was exactly what was needed.

This was a very set-up episode cause it picked up right where the season 3 finale ended so that the viewers could see where each storyline was going to go.

First of all can we talk about how Zach McGowan is now in the opening title sequence?? Moving up in the world Roan. I'm thrilled about this cause I loved his character last season and more Zach McGowan is never a bad thing! He is now King of Ice Nation and the leader of the Coalition and the keeper of the Flame so basically he is the best and he rules everything. I totally thought he was dead after last season so I was thrilled that Abby and Clarke were able to save him tonight. By the way how on Earth did the grounders make it so far without these two? Like the idiot who was trying to heal him before was like patting a towel on his bullet wound and calling it a day. Although to be fair I suppose they never had to deal with bullets before cause the 100 brought bullets from space. Also of course Roan's people don't trust him cause he needs a storyline and it would be boring if the Ice Nation did whatever their leader wanted no questions asked. I'm rolling my eyes if you can't tell.

Clarke and Bellamy being a team is one my favorite things about this show. I don't care if they never hook up or if they stay friends, I just need them to be partners. Neither one can survive without the other as we've seen last season and they rule together as a team. I loved how Bellamy was the first person Clarke told about the nuclear power plants and how when everyone was asking Clarke what they were missing, she looked to him to get his consent too before saying anything. I'm so glad that the show seemed to realize this fact too and are keeping the two together and leaving the adults back in Polis. I was worried for a second that Clarke might stay back with Roan cause he trusts her.

Kane and Abby are staying as ambassadors or diplomats or whatever in Polis which is smart cause Kane is literally the best at being a peacekeeper and I guess wherever he goes Abby will follow although it would probably make more sense for her to go back to Arkadia cause there's a lot of injured to be taken care of. Kane and Indra's friendship also makes me smile in how Kane thought Indra was going to attack him when they met again and Indra just went in for a hug. Octavia is also staying back at Polis for some reason instead of going with Clarke and Bellamy because she still doesn't feel like she belongs anywhere I guess. Also I need Abby to take a chill pill and stop giving judgemental looks towards Octavia every time she kills someone. Octavia is badass and doing what needs to be done so Abby needs to stop.

Over in Arkadia where there's only Raven, Monty, Jasper and Harper left, everyone starts out happy and then shit hits the fan when Bellamy tells Raven about the nuclear plants and Raven then tells everyone. I really need this thing with Jasper to end. I thought we dealt with his depression shit last season but I guess not cause he was about to kill himself tonight until he realized that they were all going to die in 6 months so it didn't matter. He only knew Maya for a short time, move on already. Remember when he had a crush on Octavia season 1 and we all thought that's where his romance would go. I miss that. (Also I still miss Finn even though it's been like two seasons. #I'llneverforget!) Monty and Harper are still cute but I'm kinda indifferent to them. Raven is still awesome though.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this season goes and seeing the original group find a solution to the problem. It feels like forever since they've all been together so I'm thrilled. I hope we get to see more of Roan (cause I love Zach McGowan duh) without the politics please. I'm so over that after last season. Also less adults and more of the kids please cause they interest me more. But most importantly, can we please keep the characters in character and not make them do insane things that make no sense just because (I'm looking at you Season 3 Bellamy)???

Thanks for tuning in! That'll be all for now!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment