Monday, February 27, 2017

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 14 Review

Mixed feelings about this episode guys! I definitely enjoyed this episode but it broke my heart too!

Let's talk about the elephant in the room first! Jeremiah was back and although I loved seeing the Danvers' excitement for his return, I was waiting for him to turn out to be evil or working for Cadmus the whole time cause I agreed with Mon El. Finding him was way too easy and he just seemed sketchy from that first scene in the DEO when he kept talking about how Cadmus hurt him for helping Kara and Mon El. It was heavy on the guilt trip and no parent would do that! I hope we get a better explanation on why Jeremiah is working with Cadmus cause from what I can gather, I'm assuming it has to do with protecting Alex but how is the question. Is he planning on throwing everyone else under the bus cause there's no way that Cadmus would let Supergirl go so it can't be protecting Kara. Speaking of, is it possible that Cadmus knows that Kara is Supergirl cause if Jeremiah is working with them, he wouldn't have to keep Kara's secret identity a secret anymore.... I hope the show touches on this fact cause it seems like a huge deal! The scene where Alex let Jeremiah go made no sense either. I understand not wanting to kill her father but why couldn't she shoot him in the leg or enhanced arm? He would be fine and would be unable to escape. TV shows always do this and I'm always left sitting here wondering why. That aside, I love Cadmus and Lillian and I'm going to be sad when they go cause every episode that has them in it is amazing.

Winn was amazing this episode from his bromance with Mon El to putting a tracker on Jeremiah. I loved his scenes with Lyra. Winn is just such a dork around her and it's pretty hilarious. I loved him believing Mon El or at least keeping an open mind about what he said and that he told Mon El to treat Kara well. That scene where Mon El came to Winn for dating advice killed me. I wasn't expecting Jeremiah to steal the alien registry (not only cause I actually didn't know it existed) but it made sense in the end cause I figured anyhow that he would be stealing files on aliens and Supergirl so it all ends up in the same place. I loved how exasperated Winn was with everyone. It's like he's the only one with any computer skills.

Oh Mon El. What will I do with you? I need this bumbling around to end after tonight. I love him but this whole not listening to Kara thing needs to end. I understand why he was suspicious of Jeremiah but that whole Kara wanting to keep things private and Mon El going out and blurting it to the DEO almost immediately was irritating as hell. I do appreciate that Mon El despite being an idiot half of the time recognizes he's an idiot and apologizes every time and he's definitely trying which is props to him but there's only so many times that he can make the same mistakes over and over that I (and probably Kara let's be honest) can handle. Also while we're on the subject, can Mon El for the love of everything that is good, tell Kara the truth about Daxam. It keeps coming up and by now he should know that secrets do not help and that it's better that Kara hears it from him and not someone else? Although on that note, Mon El mentioned that his father was a terrible person tonight. Do we think he might have been abusive (emotionally or physically) towards Mon El?

Now that we've gotten past this, let's talk about how completely adorable he and Kara were in the opening scene. I was not expecting Kara to sleep with him based on the way she acts but good for her! I loved her awkward embarrassment when she returned to the apartment with flowers for Mon El and I loved how happy she was around him. It was extremely sweet. I also loved the ending when she told Mon El to hold her. It was everything.

Alex and Maggie had some sweet moments too when Alex introduced Maggie to Jeremiah and when Maggie comforted her after Jeremiah revealed himself to part of Cadmus. Was it weird to anyone else though that Jeremiah was all since no man on Earth is good enough for Alex, I'm glad she found a girl? Maybe this was just worded weird or I read the situation wrong but I was a bit uncomfortable with that. Poor Alex broke my heart this week. Kara was less hurt (although still hurt) cause Jeremiah wasn't her real dad but he was Alex's. She wanted to believe him so badly cause obviously if you love a parent and they return after being gone for so long, you want to be happy. Alex is going to kick Cadmus' ass so hard and I can't wait.

Next week's promo was kinda vague. I hope we get to find out what that thing Cadmus built was and that Jeremiah is captured so they can get some answers out of him! Alex looks ready to kick ass and take names! Also when is Mon El finally going to get a costume? Or is that black suit with the weird orange glasses it?

Tune in tomorrow for my Flash review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment