Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Arrow Season 5 Episode 12 Review

You guys!! This was an awesome episode of Arrow!! Congrats to all the DCTV shows I've watched this week kicking major ass! I love episodes in Russia and I love when the original Team Arrow get moments to bond so it was a perfect recipe for success!

Let's start with Quentin and Rene and Susan. I was surprised when Lance came back tonight cause I was not expecting that but I'm kind of hoping that this puts the alcohol storyline to bed for a while. I liked the bonding Quentin and Rene did although this was an unexpected pairing. I was not sure how much help Rene would be but I liked the way they played off of each other and it was hilarious that they kind of had a Jim Gordon and Batman relationship in that Lance helped Rene out when he was young. I wonder if we'll see more of this.

I'm also glad we didn't need to see the interview cause the less Susan, the better. Can you tell that I really really dislike her? I still can't believe that Oliver was dumb enough to not only date her but sleep with her after what she did to Thea early on in the season. Excluding Felicity and Laurel, Oliver has the absolute worst taste in women. And now she knows that he's the Green Arrow. Good job Oliver. Good job. Also I half expected that when he was talking about letting go of the past, he was talking about Felicity so it was weird when he meant his past like his five years in hell cause he's never had a problem sleeping with other women before.... Then again, Susan was the one who thought he meant the island so maybe not. I need Felicity and Thea to team up and hurt her when it comes out that Susan is a bitch.

Speaking of Thea, I miss her. She hasn't been around for a few episodes which I get cause if she's not Speedy, there's little for her to do on the show especially now that there's such a huge cast. Although based on the end of the episode, it does look like the show is trying to thin out the cast at least until the finale arc.

I'm really enjoying Dark Felicity. I was screaming when she was blackmailing that Russian dude and she was so badass. I love when she does stuff like this. Having Rory and Curtis play Bratva backup was hilarious too but I was a little surprised about Rory caring that Felicity was using blackmail and tattling on her to Oliver about crossing lines. Since when does vigilantism frown on blackmail? She didn't hurt the guy physically but I get it cause Felicity is always so sweet. I loved Oliver's confused face when he caught Rory and Felicity in the van and the parallel between this nuke and the one last season. Also when Felicity fell into Oliver's arm cause she was so upset and when he tried to protect her from the explosion!! These small moments just make me love them so much.

I was surprised that Rory was leaving but like I said, the show must be trying to narrow the cast. Also I don't know if it's cause Emily Bett Rickards literally has chemistry with everyone (like Danielle Panabaker on Flash) but was it just me or did it feel like Felicity would kiss Rory goodbye? I was glad it didn't happen but at the same time, I'd be cool if it did..... It's going to be sad for him to leave though cause I liked Rory and I liked his friendship with Felicity. I hope he comes back. If we have to pick and choose, I'd rather Rene or Curtis leave. Evelyn too if she counts.

Also who really thought this would be the end of Helix and that drive? I can't wait to see Oliver and Diggle's reaction to this and what they'll think. Also when did Felicity give that weird girl her number and also why does she care?

The main storyline was technically about Walker but really it was about Oliver rejoining the Bratva to save Felicity and Diggle from making dark choices. I love moments when the three of them on screen and I love moments like tonight when you see how much Oliver loves them and how without them, he'd be lost. The three of them started all this. Although really Oliver, how surprised are you that Diggle lost it on that Walker henchman. Diggle isn't very calm under pressure when it's personal ie Deadshot and Andy. I liked that they show went full circle and brought back the drama that went down with that Bratva captain from season 2 when Oliver misused the Bratva. It's so nice to see that the show doesn't forget old moments. I'm looking forward to what this favor Anatoli wants from Oliver will be.

I'm kind of sad that we glossed over Dinah's big moments in meeting the team and seeing the ArrowCave although I guess we saw that early on in the season with Evelyn, Rory and Rene. I still would have liked to see it. She wasn't wearing a costume which I'm still waiting for cause I want to see which one she gets but maybe that'll be later on. I also liked the small moments where she talked about the team briefing her on Oliver and working with the guys to try to control her Canary Cry. I'm also thrilled that someone finally called out Oliver on his stupidity with Prometheus and believing that he was a plague. Literally every villain says that cause heroes care about that stuff.

In the flashbacks, Talia trained Oliver to be the Hood and tried to repeatedly convince him to return to Starling City and right his father's wrongs. I really really need the show to explain at some point which Talia cares so much about this. It seems weird and I wonder if maybe the League knew about Malcom the whole time and wanted Oliver to clean up that mess without them or maybe someone on the List was someone Talia wanted gone? I was wondering if this would be the end of flashback Russia and the Bratva but it doesn't look like Oliver's going to leave for a bit. The flashbacks really haven't been interesting since season 2, sorry show.

Oh and I almost forgot the fact that Walker literally went well there goes my scapegoat so now I might as well fully embrace my evil side? It would have been much smarter of him to keep pretending like he's the good guy and that Diggle was removed from prison due to corruption or something but nope. I guess the show did this to wrap this whole thing up in a nice little Argus bow. Not that I'm complaining cause as you know, I was not a fan of this storyline in the first place.

I don't really know what to think about next week's episode based on the promo. It looks good but I didn't catch any specifics about the episode other than the villain for this week can't be apprehended by the Green Arrow? Does that mean it's an Oliver-mayor villain or that the Green Arrow needs help like Vigilante help specifically? Either way, looking forward to next week!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment