Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Arrow Season 5 Episode 13 Review

Tonight's episode was Arrow was a deeply emotional one that felt more real than I expected it to be. The promos for this episode that aired last week were super vague and I think that's a good thing cause I really enjoyed going in blind and being surprised at what we got.

So the major plotline of this episode was gun control which unfortunately made the villain of the week simply a means to open up the discussion. It's always fun when Oliver has to be the mayor and it was nice seeing him working with the councilwoman to write a bill. I don't know if you all noticed but the bill was described super vaguely cause the writers didn't really want to explain what it was but I guess it's the thought that counts.

I enjoyed seeing Rene and Curtis debate back and forth and it's hard cause I could see both sides. I absolutely loved seeing Rene's backstory cause it's always fun when the flashbacks show us stuff from other people's histories besides Oliver. Some of the best episodes had those kind of flashbacks or none at all. I was so afraid that Rene's daughter was going to die but luckily she was okay and I totally understand why CPS would think Rene was a terrible dad cause of his dishonorable discharge but at the same time, the shooting was no way his fault. I hope Curtis is able to help him get her back.

Thea was back and I loved how exasperated she was by everything that happened while she was gone. Her reaction to Oliver dating Susan was perfect and he should listen to her. I almost vomited myself when Oliver was talking about what a great woman she was and all I could think about was her "research" on Oliver in Russia. I can't wait until Thea gets to put Susan in her place again. Also I love every time Thea and Rene are on screen together cause he just hits on her and she's like ew. How long until they kiss cause you know what they say about a thin line between love and hate.

I am seriously loving Dinah. It looks like she's going to be going around the Arrowcave members and having moments with all of them or at the original team Arrow cause she had a one-on-one with Oliver last week and one with Diggle this week. I liked that Diggle has basically become the mom of the recruits and he checks up on them and makes sure they're doing okay. I liked that he was able to convince Dinah to get an apartment and get a day job although I wonder if it'll be a conflict of interest for Dinah to become a detective on the SCPD. It's never been a problem for Joe but he's not a superhero. I thought Dinah was going to get a Black Canary costume but I guess she still has time.

Despite liking how heavy this week's episode got, I'm glad we're going back to a more comic-booky lighter episode next week with the return of China White and Cupid! We haven't seen China since like season 2 and Cupid is basically a recurring now which is hilarious. I thought we'd also get Helena cause the show name-checked the Bertinellis. I miss her!!

That's all for now!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment