Monday, February 6, 2017

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 11 Review

I'm sorry that I was unable to do an in depth review of last week's episode of Supergirl but I did post some of my quick thoughts so check that out if you're interested. Tonight's episode was a good one cause any episode revolving around the White Martians is awesome!

Let's start with the Martians cause that was the main plot of the episode. I am always in awe about how amazing the CGI for the Martians look every time they're on screen and tonight was no different! I loved the plotline of having a White Martian in the DEO and the team having to figure out who it was although who really thought the Martian would have impersonated the two random DEO members over our core cast?! I loved that the Martian hunting M'gann was her husband and I loved that there was a surprise twist in that there were two of them! I was a bit confused about the whole fire reveals your true form thing cause I thought fire was their weakness (as in it could kill them) but maybe the reveal is the first step to being hurt if you're exposed long enough? It was awesome that the two to stop the White Martians were M'gann and Alex who showed up and kicked ass like it was no one's business.

I'm sad that M'gann seems to be leaving the show but I guess it makes sense cause the cast was getting huge this season. But if this is a trend the show will follow, I'm telling you all right now that I will cry if Mon El leaves. Anyway I hope M'gann returns at some point cause I love her and I love her relationship with J'onn although I was so relieved that they did not kiss goodbye. It took me a bit to be okay with the fact that M'gann is the same age as J'onn unlike in the comics and it took longer for J'onn to be cool with M'gann being a White Martian so it would have felt like it was too quick if they kissed. The thing about these DCTV shows is that they're soap operas and kisses/sex are never just that, they're always a sign of feelings so they're a much bigger deal than they should be. I loved the way they said goodbye although I kind of wish it was mentally spoken cause that would have been cool.

Alex decided to ditch Kara on her Earth birthday for a date with Maggie and I didn't really like the way this storyline was dealt with. The show made it seem like Kara was the crazy one for wanting to spend time with her sister and that she was being selfish for not wanting Alex to hang out with Maggie. My problem is that if this were a normal day, I'd agree with that but it was Kara's Earth birthday and skipping a birthday to hang out a date isn't okay. I was glad that they were able to solve the problem in the end and Alex did end up with Kara but it was dumb in the first place.

Kara and Mon El had a thing tonight too. I still love that Mon El isn't acting too different than how he normally is around Kara cause I always hate the whole I'm so into you that I can't be around you cause you're not into me. People have more self control than that. I also kinda liked that Mon El "moved on" because let's be honest, there's no way his feelings for Kara went away already and also because I like that he's not just sitting around and pining cause Chris Wood is hot and he doesn't need to wait around for someone. I do kinda think the show should have waited until next week at least before showing him on a date with someone else but I get it. I also liked Kara's reaction and I hope this leads to some jealousy cause that's always fun.

It seemed based on her talk with Alex that she still isn't ready to date because she's afraid to get hurt but that really doesn't make sense cause Kara hasn't really dated on the show so why would she be afraid unless it has something to do with her abandonment issues. I love that the show is still playing around with this idea that they brought up in the beginning of the season. Kara also seemed to forgive Winn and James for their vigilantism this episode but I guess we'll really see next week.

It looks like we're going to get more Luthors next week!!! Also I'm sorry but I just can't see Lena as good. Katie Mcgrath is just too good at being bad for me to see her as a hero in this show. My personal wish is for Lena to be mostly good this season and then turn evil slowly. The best villains are ones that we see know well and can understand why they turned like Morgana on Merlin! I also want Mon El to get a costume already!! Also I want Supergirl, Guardian and Mon El to team up again like with Livewire cause that was badass. I really enjoyed this episode and I can't wait until next week!

Tune in tomorrow for my Flash, Legends and Agents of SHIELD reviews!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment