Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Flash Season 3 Episode 13 Review

I was really excited to watch this week's episode of the Flash and though I enjoyed it, I think maybe my expectations were too high this week and that's why I didn't enjoy it as much I was expecting to. I keep feeling like every time the Flash does a comic book heavy episode that they never quite hit the mark and I'm left disappointed. Part of my problem is that I've watched all the justice league cartoons so many of the plots that happen in the Flash I've already seen so the small twists aren't twists for me and it's easier to show the fun stuff in animation cause you don't have to really worry about budget or CGI. Despite all this, like I said before, I did like the episode even if it wasn't my favorite.

It was awesome going to Earth 2 again. Some of my favorite moments in the Flash have to do with parallel Earths so I was pumped that we traveling even if we spent most of it in cells. I knew from the beginning that Grodd was playing everyone cause Grodd has never been a victim and from what I knew from the Justice League cartoons, Grodd was always trying to take over Central City and he tried to take over Gorilla City too while Solovar was the one who worked with the Justice League so I wasn't fooled like our team. I loved the fight between Barry and Solovar although it was hilarious to me that Barry couldn't fight on his own and needed Caitlin, Cisco and Julian to tell him what to do. I feel like at this point it's just a way to give everyone else stuff to do.

Julian killed me this week with how much second hand embarrassment I was feeling for his Indiana Jones outfit. It was sweet that he was going to Earth 2 to protect Caitlin. I still love the two together but I feel like the show is depicting them weirdly cause like apparently they're dating or something but at the same time they haven't kissed on screen yet. I kind of like how slow they're going cause it makes sense based on Caitlin's last few relationships. Also where is Ronnie. I'm going to keep mentioning it every week until he comes back!!! I was a bit disappointed that Grodd and Caitlin didn't have a bigger moment after she came to Earth 2 because of their bond. Maybe we'll see more of that next week.

Cisco didn't have much to do this week other than making jokes and opening breaches which was annoying but it's hard with so many characters I guess.

Joe and Iris didn't have a storyline either other than telling Wally that Jessie was probably just acting weird cause her dad was missing. I still don't really know what this drama between Wally and Jessie was. Jessie was acting really weird and the show wants us to think that it's all because Jessie was sad that Wally never called her after he got his powers. It was sweet that Wally asked Jessie to stay on Earth 1 with him but I'm not sure why they can't just live on their Earths and meet up for dates cause Jessie can open breaches pretty easily. But at the same time, she could always visit her dad whenever she wants and eventually she'd have to leave her dad in Earth 2 so Harry can't be too pissed.

Next week looks like the gorilla attack on Central City and I'm hoping that so little happened this week cause most of the budget went to next week!

Don't forget to check out my Agents of SHIELD review later tonight!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment