Monday, February 20, 2017

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 13 Review

GUYS MY FEELINGS ARE POURING OUT OF ME! This was an AMAZING EPISODE! I knew I was going to love this episode last week after watching the trailer for the first time but I didn't know how much I was going to laugh and smile and get the warm and fuzzies. Guys I just love love. I love watching people fall in love and I think a huge part of me loves tv shows for that and I know it's totally cliche but I love Valentine's Day whether I'm single or not. This episode had everything.

Let's start with Mxyzptlk cause he was the main plot of the episode. I freaking loved him. Everytime he spoke, I was dying of laughter. I loved him showing up and zapping Kara into a wedding dress and showing up as Superman and dueling Mon El (dressed as Hamilton and Aaron Burr which killed me). I also loved the idea that fifth-dimensional people like Mxtzptlk were made into genies by humans cause they didn't understand what they were. I need the show to do this more often cause I loved the idea that legends in the world are based off of aliens! I loved the way Kara beat him and I felt bad for him in the end and how sweet he was when he said all he wanted was to be loved. I was confused for a second as to why he didn't just teleport both of them out of Fortress while the bomb was going because he was able to pull up a Kryptonian book but I guess he might have been too panicked to think clearly?

Winn and Lyra were so sweet too. I loved that she was another badass alien and that she is one that can't blend in cause I can already tell that it's going to lead to fun drama in the future. Winn is so precious that he never even thought that he might just want to use Lyra for sex. He was expecting to date Lyra and it was adorable. I hope this becomes a thing and isn't just a one time appearance for Lyra.

Alex and Maggie seem to be constantly hitting problems but I'm glad that they're being solved by the end of the episodes. There's nothing I hate more than drama that could be solved by talking! At first I thought Maggie way overreacted when she got mad at Alex for planning a Valentine's Day surprise but after she explained her terrible associations with Valentine's Day, I completely understood. How terrible were her parents to kick her out of the house at 14! Poor Maggie. I wonder if we'll get to see Maggie's family in this show and possibly see an apology from them or more hatred. I loved how Maggie reached out to Alex by the end and the Valentine's prom although unexpected (like why prom) was the sweetest and my heart was smiling and I was smiling and ahhhh.

And it just got better. So during most of the episode, despite me thinking jealous Mon El was hilarious, it got to be a bit much cause jealously is never cute in real life. I loved the argument Mon El and Kara had in the DEO cause they sounded like such a married couple which was amazing. I just wish Kara could stop bringing up the fact that Mon El is a party boy or has an ego or thought that he changed but that he hasn't cause honestly it's not making Mon El look bad, it's making Kara look like a dick. Mon El is trying and he is changing but change takes more than a few seconds and Kara needs to take a step back. But any annoyance I had with them melted in that last scene. I squealed when they finally kissed and I am so so glad that the show is pulling the trigger with them and not doing more of will they/won't they. But seriously, they're the cutest!!!

Next week looks great. Jeremiah is coming back and it'll be all about whether he can be trusted. I feel like based on the promo we got that he won't be bad cause the promos like to trick you but I kinda of hope he is brainwashed by Cadmus or something cause he couldn't have been captured for so long without Cadmus doing something to him. This would be a fun twist and it could lead to some great storylines down the road when they try to break the brainwashing. I also hope that we get more Kara and Mon El lite on the drama. I would prefer them to act normal around each other, maybe a little flirty but no drama. Kind of like Fitzsimmons this season of Agents of SHIELD or Barry and Iris on The Flash cause nothing kills my enjoyment of a relationship than tons of fake drama (looking at you Olicity).

Tune in tomorrow for my Flash and Agents of SHIELD reviews!!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment