Monday, February 13, 2017

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 12 Review

So who else loved this freaking episode??? The show gets so much better every time the Luthors appear on the show and it just goes to show you how much a good villain can make a show. I had been feeling meh about Supergirl since it came back from the midseason finale and it depressed me because I loved the show so much and I couldn't figure out what was missing for me this half season. After tonight's episode, I think I've figured it out. A good villain. The last couple of weeks despite there being a lot I enjoyed, the villains were throwaways. Well except for the White Martian episode. That was epic. After watching this episode, I am in love again. (Just in time for Valentine's Day right?)

So most of this episode revolved around the Luthors so we should probably start there! It was so great to see Lilian and Lena back again and I am in love with what the show is doing with Lena. Every time you think she's good, she gives off a hint that she's bad. Every time you think she's bad, she proves herself as good. It's great tv. Like I said last week, the best villains are the ones who you can see grow into villainy in front of you and who you can sometimes see where they're coming from. I was so sure all episode that Lena was good but that last moment with the chess set made me think twice. It would be so much fun if Lena was actually playing a long long con like James warned Kara about.

Since we'll never see the real one, it was so fun to see baby Lex in this episode. I also liked baby Lena and how crazy she seems already. Another piece to add to the evil Lena puzzle. I loved seeing Lex's bunker and I can't wait until we get to see this mysterious weapon that Lilian took. I'm glad she got away cause it would have hardcore sucked if she died in the explosion. Speaking of, it was smart of the show to power down Metallo by giving him synthetic Kryptonite cause last time Kara and Clark, Alex and J'onn needed to work together to take him down so if Kara did it on her own, it would negate everything that happened earlier. Although I was wondering the whole time why Kara didn't bring back up with her whether it was Mon El, James or J'onn.

Speaking of Mon El, what happened to him wanting to be a hero and working with Kara? I know she was jealous of Mon El and Eve but was that enough to keep Mon El off the streets? I would like to know if it was his idea or hers.... I love when they interact cause they're so different which Kara mentioned. You all know that I love the two of them together so it's no surprise that I enjoyed everything with them at the end.

Alex introducing Maggie as her girlfriend to everyone was amazing and I loved everyone's reactions to it. The fact that Alex was so scared to come out and now that she has and everyone is responding with nothing but love makes my heart smile.

Something about James this week just won me over! I have been pretty vocal about being indifferent to him but something about his Guardian story just clicked for me and I enjoyed seeing him kick butt. Even his chemistry with Kara worked for me tonight. Did you see his longing look at Kara? Someone still has feelings!

Next week looks so freaking good! It looks like a really funny episode and you know how much I love when the shows go crazy!! It's why Legends works so much for me. I can't wait!

There's no Flash tomorrow so tune in for my Agents of SHIELD review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment