Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Arrow Season 5 Episode 15 Review

So I ended up not posting a review for Arrow last week cause I was super indifferent about the whole episode and I knew if I wrote something it would be full of vague thoughts and nothing concrete. It's very hard when you're indifferent to something cause at least if you hate it, you have feelings and can voice those feelings. When you're indifferent all you can say is I feel meh and I don't know why. This week's episode gave me a few feels but overall was still kinda meh but I felt bad about skipping two weeks in a row so I decided to buck up and write you something anyway.

So Oliver denounced the Green Arrow tonight as a way to prevent his impeachment. Honestly I saw this coming since Adrian first brought up the idea of blaming it on someone else. I kinda wish that he would have gone all Iron Man on it and announced to the world that he was the Green Arrow and then explain the situation but I guess this works too. He was saved from impeachment but now the police will probably be gunning hard for the Green Arrow so maybe he won't be able to hit the streets that often? I don't understand how the politics with vigilantes work on this show. So the Green Arrow is a terrible horrible person for killing one cop but Prometheus kills multiple cops and Vigilante is out there shooting the mayor and that's cool? Also since we were talking about impeachments, do we remember what happened to Mayor Blood? He was working for Slade so like if we're talking about terrible mayors, he should be up there on the list. Also since when does that random doctor know who Oliver is? Did I forget something?

Felicity and Thea did more bad shit this episode and honestly I'm still on their side. I understand where Oliver and Diggle are coming from but when someone repeatedly tells you that you're better than this, it makes you either want to stop trying to be whatever that is or listen. In Thea's case, she decided to quit the mayor's office and go away to meditate or whatever (I'm hoping she goes to find Roy and hangs out with him for a while). I wonder why Thea was bumped down from a series regular to a series recurring. I wonder if Willa is planning on leaving the show and this is a way for the show to phase her out slowly. If it comes down to a choice, I would take Thea over the recruits anyday, including Dinah. Felicity on the other hand has decided to officially join Helix which girl is not going to be good. I've been saying it for a while and I'm sticking with it that this random girl is working with Prometheus and Felicity is going to get burned by her or Helix and end up in federal prison or arrested and the team will have to find a way to bail her out. Ugh. At least Felicity is getting a storyline which is better than I can say for Iris on the Flash. I do love when Diggle and Felicity have scenes together so that was nice.

Vigilante now knows about Dinah so I assume that's going to lead to some shit down the road. I'm still loving her. The big twist was that Vigilante isn't Adrian Chase like we thought from the comics so now we have to wonder who he is. I thought for a few minutes that maybe if he was Chase he went to shoot at Oliver to make Oliver look better for the impeachment trials but since he isn't Chase, I guess he really does want to kill him. Is he dead cause Prometheus tossed him off the roof?

Speaking of, Prometheus is actually Adrian Chase. Surprise bitches. *Rolls eyes* I was so hoping he would be Tommy cause that would be the best ever but I am glad that if it wasn't him that it's someone who we've met and gotten to know. I HATED the idea that Prometheus was some random child of a random season 1 villain that we never even met before so the fact that Adrian is this son of the corrupt person works for me a lot. Oliver's going to be pissed when he finds out. I wonder if it was hard for Adrian to fake it cause Oliver is a great person and I wonder if Adrian ever doubted his mission. I mean he was the bastard child that his father never really knew so what are the odds that he loved him this much. Also since we're talking about betrayals, where the heck is Evelyn? I guess we have to wait until the final stretch of the season to see what happens.

Oh and Susan is back. I am really sick of her and the amount I didn't care no matter how much the show was portraying her as the victim was unmeasurable. Oliver is so in love with her after four episodes that he couldn't handle the fact that she was mad at him and even went to Felicity to have her fix it. Like what the hell man. You're asking your ex-fiance slash the love of your life (who I refuse to believe that you're over) to help you fix the mess with your new girlfriend after you murdered your ex-fiance's new boyfriend? Classy Oliver. Oh and then Chase appears to threaten her. Cool.

At least now that the Adrian cat is out of the bag, Oliver and co are going to figure it all out next week too. He's kidnapped Susan cause Oliver is so damn in love with her. *Rolls eyes harder* Tbh Oliver would go to help anyone who was hurt and though I understand why it wasn't Felicity because as far as Prometheus and Evelyn's data knows, Oliver is over her, I don't know why Chase would pick Susan over Thea. On the plus side, Chase's acting is amazing and I'm totally buying him as the villain.

There's no Arrow next week unfortunately so I'll see you in two weeks!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment