Sunday, March 5, 2017

Once Upon A Time Season 6 Episode 11 Review

Sigh. Where do I begin? Once Upon a Time has gone from being a well-written show to whatever the writers feel like at the moment and although I still like watching it, I watch it thinking about how much better everything used to be and snark left and right kind of like how I watch Legends except Legends makes me smile while OUAT makes me roll my eyes. I'm saying all this at the top of the review cause I don't want you to go in thinking this is going to be a serious review when in fact it'll be me snarking and basically ripping apart everything that's happening. Don't say I didn't warn you! Let's get into it shall we?

I'll start with Emma and everything she went through tonight. Soooooo the show likes to do this thing were it pretends like everything bad a character did wasn't as terrible as it was and that not only should we forgive but we should totally forget it happened in the first place. Remember when August and his father conned the Charmings into sending just Emma on the guise that August would protect her only to have August run the first chance he got and not see her again until Neal and August decided to send a 16 year old girl to jail just cause? Yeah me either. Apparently Neal is a hero and August is the bestest friend that ever did friend. Sigh. On the other hand, Killian is apparently a fat old drunk when the Evil Queen's curse wasn't cast cause remember when Killian wanted to kill the Dark One for Milah's death and spent every waking moment trying to get stronger? Apparently that's not true either. Oh and when asked, Emma says that she lives with Killian not that they're true love or that she loves him. Whelp okay. And don't even get me started on that magic wardrobe in this Wish Realm which sent 3 people to Storybrooke even though we know it only holds two from before. And you wonder why I am sick of these writers?

On the Regina side, she ran off and left Emma to do her thing cause she wanted to hang out with Robin which I totally get cause I love Robin. Regina was all hurt when she realized that everyone in the Wish Realm was happier without her. Girl you need to get the fuck over yourself. You were a mass murder hurt about something a child did to you. Of course everyone was happier without you. She thirstily tries to get Robin to tell her if he's single and then doesn't understand for like thirty minutes why Robin was lying to her about being happy. Girl he just met you. He's not going to spill his life secrets to you. Despite all this and how much I dislike Regina and how she's basically become the main character of Once, I am happy that Robin is back cause I adore Outlaw Queen. But I want to know one thing, how are they planning on explaining to Roland and baby Robin that this Robin though he looks like their father isn't their father? Is this Robin just going to take over old Robin's life? We can only hope that Roland is conveniently written out of OUAT so this won't be a problem.

Let's see what's next. David and Killian run around town like chickens without their heads cause what oh what will they do without their women leading them? It's not like David and Killian are heroes on their own. Instead they make a sort-of plan and then do nothing about it. I do like that David is going to be the one to stay awake while Snow sleeps cause I love David and the more time we get with him, the better.

I guess we're up to Gideon who is basically Kylo Ren. How he remembers what Belle said to him when he was a few minutes old but Emma didn't remember Snow's first words to her, we'll never know. Why he hates Rumple but loves Belle even though he's never met them before, who knows? Why he thinks that the Savior's powers can be transferred like the Dark One's, don't expect an answer. Why he thinks the Black Fairy made him stronger but also knows she's evil and wants to save the realm from her, let's brush under the rug. The only good thing he did was turn the Evil Queen into a snake (hopefully for the rest of the season cause the amount that I don't want her around is enormous) and get Belle and Rumple to bond again over what makes a person do evil deeds. Also could we please for the love of everything stop using the excuse, he/she had a bad childhood as a motive for evil? Emma turned out fine despite it all.

Emma was badass when she beat him but I was so hoping this whole fated to die thing would be over after this but by Emma's words, that doesn't seem likely... I did laugh when she hugged Killian and made a comment about switching from rum to water after Robin talked about how spry young Killian was. I need my Robin, David, Killian dream team again.

Next week looks like we might be trying to break the sleeping curse. Yipee. Also the voiceover for the promo calls Killian and David an unlikely duo. How many seasons of working together will it take until the show realizes that Killian and David are bros and it's an expected duo? No Aladdin or Jasmine to be seen.

Tune in tomorrow for my Supergirl review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment