Sunday, March 26, 2017

Once Upon a Time Season 6 Episode 14 Review

So I actually ended up liking this episode a lot more than I expected even though it was a Regina-centric one. There was a lot I enjoyed and some parts that I was confused with.

So let's do Regina first. I really don't know why we needed all those Regina flashbacks just to show that Regina hated herself most of all in the past. Duh. It was nice to see Tinkerbelle again though! I also enjoyed how Regina forgave the Evil Queen in present day and rather than killing her, she did the right thing and took back her darkness and gave EQ some of her light. It was very poetic and I expected the story would end this way although I figured EQ would be absorbed into Regina but I like this way better because now EQ gets her own happy ending with Robin. Although as cute as all that was, how on Earth is EQ going to get a fresh start in Wish Realm where Regina murdered Snow and Charming, where Emma is missing, where everyone is terrified of her and where Henry is hunting her down. Like what. I thought based on the flashbacks, EQ would be sent to an alternative timeline or something where she does go into the tavern.

I'm just hoping that now that this whole EQ storyline is wrapped up for the hundredth time, we can move onto better things. No seriously. How many times have we seen Regina battle her darkness by now? It's season 6. Give her something else to do.

Speaking of battling darkness, Hook being an idiot continued this episode. He got some great advice from Captain Nemo about either telling Emma the truth or learning to forgive himself and rather decided to go with option c which was trying to burn his memories away. In Emma's house. In the living room. Where she could walk in at any time. Seriously why is everyone so dumb on this show? I did like that Emma was upset at Hook not for killing David's father but for not telling her. I had hoped that's where the storyline would go but I wasn't putting my hopes up after Supergirl last week and Olicity last season. Shows like to create artificial drama and it's super annoying. I also didn't believe that Hook would leave with Nemo but I really liked how Gideon forced him to leave cause even he knows that Emma's strength comes from her loved ones and by removing Killian, she is vulnerable. Those last few shots of the episode where Emma waited and waited for Killian to come home were heartbreaking!

But on another note, why is it such a big deal that Gideon forced the sub to submerge? Couldn't Nemo bring it back up? Or did Gideon put a spell on it to stay submerged for a certain amount of time? If that's true, couldn't Hook just jump out and swim to the surface? How much do you want to bet that the show isn't even going to bother touching on this next week?

Next week is the RETURN OF JASMINE AND ALADDIN AND I COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED. WHY ARE THEY ON THE NAUTILUS? WHY DIDN'T THEY GO BACK TO AGRABAH? PLEASE TELL ME THEY'RE GOING TO STAY AWHILE AND NOT LEAVE AGAIN AFTER THIS EPISODE! Also Killian is trying to get back to Emma and we're supposed to believe that Emma after all this time thinks that Killian just up and abandoned her when times got tough. Jesus girl, how many times does this man need to risk his life for you before you believe in his love?

Anyway loved this episode and don't forget to check out my Supergirl review tomorrow!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment