Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Flash Season 3 Episode 16 Review

Tonight's episode was a good one despite it being Barry centric. I loved seeing all those old faces and being in the speed force again even though it wasn't exactly what I expected...

Before we get into the episode can we take a moment to giggle about the opening of the Flash? I usually fast forward through it or ignore it but for some reason I was paying attention this week and I was sitting there like Barry sweetheart you are not the fastest man alive. Everyone with speed is faster than you. Reverse Flash, Zoom, Savitar and even Wally. Maybe he should say something like I'm faster than most or I'm one of the fastest men alive. And secondly I liked how Barry was like to the world I'm a forensic scientist and I'm sitting here like when was the last time you actually did something with your job. NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING cause I prefer the way the show is now to its procedural elements last season. It just makes me smile cause I know everyone was up in arms last week about Kara losing her job and I feel like I was one of the only ones to be like who cares cause it's not like you really do all that much reporting anyway.

So was the whole point of what the speedforce wanted to say to Barry really that he shouldn't have made Wally take the weight of saving Iris cause I didn't get that from the speeches. I kept waiting for the speedforce to smack Barry and be like one person's life isn't worth millions. He did the same thing with his mom and then his dad and now Iris. Barry gets tunnel vision when it's up to him and it's rough cause I miss the Barry from season 1 who enjoyed his powers which Wally took up this season but it looks like that's not going to be there anymore this season either.

Seeing Ronnie and Eddie and Leonard again was great. I missed all of them and I'm so sad that Ronnie's return was only in the speedforce and Caitlin didn't even care enough to ask what he was like or what he said. I guess she's way over him at this point..... I also wondered if Leonard was going to say something about the Legends but he only talked about Barry which I can't fault the show for cause this is the Flash starring Barry Allen. The return of Jay was great although how he appeared made me laugh. Cisco went to him cause he lost Barry's signature. I kind of love how it doesn't matter who lives on what Earth on this show. If they need help, they have a multitude of Earths to look to. It was sad though that Jay had to stay. Speaking of, I understand why it'd be painful to relive your worst moment over and over but also that's kind of lame but at the same time kinda a harsh punishment on Barry's part.

I liked the reveal that Savitar was a person under the suit and it really makes me wonder if we'll get an unmasking and find out that he was someone we knew. It would be totally fun if we found out who he was but Team Flash didn't and that person appeared next season or something. I do wonder what he meant by having plans involving Jessie Quick. She's unfortunately leaving but that makes sense and brings me back to the question why can't Iris go hang out on a different Earth until Savitar is caught or beat or whatever.

I saved the relationship stuff for last cause I don't even know what's happening with Barry and Iris. I totally understood why Iris took a step back after last week cause no one wants a pity proposal but then Barry turns around and is like we need to embrace the future so let's take a break. That makes no sense. Also he claims that he has to be the one to say Iris not Wally but the reason he turned to Wally in the first place was cause he couldn't run fast enough so how are things different now? It seems like the show didn't want Iris and Barry married and so let's throw in drama for drama's sake a la Olicity. How long until we start seeing comments about how Iris and Westallen ruined Flash?

Next week's episode is the musical crossover with Supergirl which means that it really has nothing to do with what's happening in the show right now which is fine cause Barry is the best version of himself when he's crossing over so that should be fun! I'm looking forward to the singing and the Glee crossover!

Tune in tomorrow for my Arrow review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment