Monday, March 27, 2017

Supergirl Season 2 Episode 17 Review

Guys why are the Kevin Smith episodes the best ones across the board? His episodes are always so emotional and powerful and perfectly well written, acted and directed! Not that other episodes weren't, there's just something so epic about Smith's episodes!

Let's start with Maggie and Alex. I did not care for the return of Maggie's ex but I loved the fallout from the ex's return and the conversation Maggie and Alex had. It made my heart melt and I almost teared up!!! I love love love that this relationship is such an adult relationship! Unlike Kara, when Alex has a problem with Maggie, she is honest and talks it out with Maggie and looks at the problem from Maggie's point of view. So many problems on tv could be resolved with a simple conversation but people always end up lying to each other and ignoring it until the problem blows up in their faces. It was everything and I love them so much. I just wish we could have more moments where Maggie hangs out with the rest of the team. And I do miss Alex and Kara moments like we had last season but it makes sense since both are in relationships now and their heavy emotional moments are with their significant others.

Now onto Mon El's family. I am so glad that we got more with Mon El's parents this week. They just seemed too diabolical and had way too much story potential for the show to just write them off after last week. His parents being evil or at least not good like Kara thought they were was great although I do wish we had seen a little more from Mon El's father. I still want to know why Mon El told Kara that he would run if his dad came back cause to me it looked like Rhea was the more evil one. I loved the idea that Rhea put a bounty on Kara hoping that if she was killed Mon El would come back and despite wanting more from Mon El's dad, I seriously loved every moment she was on screen. She makes a terrific villain and I liked the twist from last season where last season Astra's husband was the more evil one and Astra wanted what was best for Kara and this season Rhea is the evil one and Rhea's husband wanted what was best for Mon El. I wasn't sure at the end if Rhea was going to kill her husband for turning on her or if he was going to turn around and tell her that everything he did was part of an evil plan to get Mon El back but I did like what we got! She's so deliciously evil! I do hope we get a little more flashbacks or more exposition on Mon El's life on Daxam because I'd love to learn a little more!

Mon El and Kara were adorable this episode and I'm so glad we're back to a good place for them but I'm worried that the show is going to kill him off at the end of the season. The show was not subtle with the Romeo and Juliet comparisons this week and after seeing how the Flash gets rid of guest stars every season, I'm worried that Mon El will actually sacrifice his life for Kara at the end of the season. I want Mon El to stay cause not only is he such a good character but he makes Kara so happy and after this season, I just can't see her with a human especially after the constant comments everyone on the show makes about how Mon El has the strength to keep up with Kara and how when they're together, she doesn't have to worry about hurting him. I want to see him really become a hero with a costume and everything and save people not because Kara wants him to but because he wants to. He's become an excellent boyfriend, now it's time for him to become an excellent hero.

Speaking of getting rid of Mon El, I did really wonder if the show was going to write him off like M'gann and have him go off with his parents to Daxam because that would have made sense in a way. Even though I would love to see him be a prince and a better King, I don't want this storyline to come true cause the show is about Kara not Mon El so if he did decide to become a King again, it would be off screen and he would leave the show like what they did with M'gann who also wanted to help her people. Unlike in Reign and the three courts we see, we would not see two different worlds and that's sad. By the way was it just me or did Mon El's powers change a little and now he has a bit of super speed? I do like that they're exploring this because early on in the season it was just super strength and in the comics he has a ton more so it's nice to see a little more.

Also I thought there was a bunch of hilarious moments this episode with the board game night in Kara's apartment and the hilarious fight between Kara and Mon El where they both kept apologizing to each other.

The next episode looks like the return of Lena! Katie Mcgrath is officially a series regular next season so congrats to her! I still want her to be a villain but I don't want her to become one until the end of next season because I feel like we haven't had enough of the Lena/Kara friendship yet to make Lena's turn really hurt. It looks like Lena will get a new boyfriend (or an old boyfriend returns) and he is evil and also Ravi from iZombie so yay! I can't wait to see what we get! Unfortunately Supergirl is off until the end of April so we'll have to wait until then!

Tune in tomorrow for my Flash review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment