Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Arrow Season 5 Episode 17 Review

I'm not okay. I just want to grab Oliver and wrap him in a blanket and hug him until he feels better. My poor baby. I went into this episode not sure what we were going to get cause we saw so little in the promo last week and the episode started heavy on Russia with very little present day stuff which kinda annoyed me cause as much better as Russia is this season compared to what we got on the island last season, I wanted to see present day not Russia. And it was like Arrow heard me and was like oh you want present day, here's a heaping amount of pain for you.

First of all, what the fuck did Oliver do to Evelyn that convinces her that what Adrian is doing to him is okay? I felt bad for her for a second when she was brought into the cell and she was bruised and looked like she had been beaten by Adrian but then she was in on the plan the whole time? I can't even. I thought she might be redeemable at some point this season but now I just want her gone and I'm pissed beyond belief that she even had the Artemis handle this season at all cause Artemis was amazing and Evelyn is the worst and I can't believe Arrow let her tarnish Artemis's legacy like this.

Once again I want to give props to Josh cause he is killing it as Prometheus and I've never hated anyone more (other than Slade.) Speaking of, I've been seeing a lot of comparisons between Slade and Prometheus and discussions on who's more evil but tbh I think both are great villains in their own rights. Slade killed Moira and Adrian broke Oliver. Despite how horrid I feel for Oliver right now, I feel like this is going to end up making him even stronger and a better hero. After this, I do not think Oliver or the Green Arrow can kill ever again no matter what cause all Adrian did was show Oliver that the Green Arrow and Oliver Queen are the same person and what one does the other does as well. What I don't believe is the whole Oliver likes killing thing. I think Oliver has had such traumatic things happen to him and these things have forced him to kill and after 6 days of torture (both mental and physical), Oliver would have said anything to get out. If and when he tells John and Felicity about what Adrian said/did to him, I'm sure they'll say the exact same things.

Over in Russia, Anatoli was promoted to Pakhan and Oliver along with the Bratva was able to kill Kovar and stop him from overthrowing the Russian government. My favorite thing about Russia isn't the stuff with the Bratva war or Kovar but the relationship between Anatoli and Oliver which is why it breaks my heart that they're on the outs in present day. Despite this I feel like if and when Anatoli comes back, their relationship will be mended because their bond is so strong. I loved the final scene between them when Oliver got his Bratva Captain tattoo and Anatoli told Oliver that one day he wouldn't be able to separate the man and the monster and he was right.

One of my favorite things about this episode was the parallels the show drew between Russia and current day. The transitions were flawless and the themes were present throughout both. When Oliver's tattoo was burned off by Adrian and then we saw it being put on in Russia, there were tears.

Next week looks like the return of Anatoli which is exciting! I hope Oliver has a chance to take off his shirt or something so Anatoli can see the burnt remains. I also hope that Anatoli, Felicity and John find out what Oliver went through and try to help him cause I can't handle my poor baby Oliver walking around thinking he's a monster cause he's not. I really need them to wipe the smug look off of Adrian's face and it would be fun if Oliver works with the Bratva to take down Adrian, Evelyn, and Talia and her league like when Oliver worked with the League of Assassins to take down Slade and the Mirakuru soldiers.

My heart is still pounding from what I finished watching. I can't wait a whole week for the next episode!

I'll see you all Sunday for my Once Upon a Time review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment