Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Arrow Season 5 Episode 16 Review

I was actually pretty surprised with how much I enjoyed this episode because I didn't think I would have been interested in it after watching the promo last week. I love villains with well thought out plans much much more than simply strong villains and although Prometheus/Adrian's plan isn't that amazing, it's still pretty well thought out and that's what made this episode fun.

Let's start with Adrian cause he was the main point of this episode. First of all hats off to Josh for his amazing acting. He was able to take Adrian from someone we liked and made him super creepy! Now let's talk about his plan to make Oliver suffer. Honestly this storyline is basically Slade's storyline which I think I enjoyed more with Slade in season 2 but since there were two seasons in between these revenge seasons that weren't about revenge I think it works out okay. I liked how he kidnapped Susan to prevent Oliver from killing him, put Pike in a coma to prevent him from proving that he was Prometheus and then killed his own wife to prevent anyone from believing Susan's claims that he was Prometheus. Who else knew right away that Adrian was going to kill his wife as soon as she stepped into the room? I definitely did. It never ceases to amuse me how in shows a stab wound will kill you but falling off a roof will just wound you or give you bruises. That stab wound could not have bled Adrian's wife out but we'll go with it cause tv.

Talia is working with Adrian and I don't get the timeline. Supposedly Adrian started training with her in season 2 of Arrow but Oliver didn't get Ra's until the end of season 3 so Talia would have no reason to hate Oliver until season 4ish at which point Adrian would only have a year or so of training so unless Adrian spent season 2 and 3 planning and then trained for season 4, it doesn't make sense. This doesn't even take into account why Talia would be so pissed at Oliver for killing her father. She said herself that she was estranged from him and neither he or Nyssa mentioned Talia at all in the last few seasons so clearly they didn't care about her that much. I guess I could understand how maybe Talia loved her father more than Nyssa did and that despite it all, Talia was Ra's favorite and that's why she hates Oliver but I don't know. I need Nyssa to come back at some point this season cause we can't have Talia without Nyssa especially since we know Nyssa so well. Just one episode please Arrow. I'll take a ten minute cameo. Anything!!!

I really really need an explanation on what Adrian's big evil plan is. He keeps talking about making Oliver suffer but everyone Oliver cares about is alive and well (minus Felicity who I have a feeling will get arrested and sent to federal prison but they got Diggle out so who cares) and Oliver isn't really suffering that hard. Also could we take a moment and acknowledge how much it was idiotic that Adrian literally compared the loss of Susan to the loss of Moira, Tommy, Laurel and Shado? HE'S BARELY KNOWN SUSAN. I'd kill her multiple times for the return of any of the previously listed characters.

Felicity is all sorts of in with HELIX and I am still waiting for the reveal that either all of HELIX or just the girl that recruited her is working with Prometheus. That's literally the only thing that will save this storyline and/or redeem Adrian as the big bad. If Adrian knows about Shado (by the way how the hell does he know about Shado cause Oliver never talks about her and she was alive before Adrian cared about Oliver) then he has to know that despite everything Diggle and Felicity are Oliver's support and hurting them will kill Oliver. Speaking of, why did Adrian work so hard to save Diggle earlier in the season? Wouldn't Oliver suffer more if that evil general murdered Diggle? Anyway, I'm not sure where else this HELIX storyline will go cause I really don't see Felicity going bad. After last week maybe, but I'm not feeling it this week. I loved that whole scene between them when Oliver tells Felicity how much he's worried about her and she has to fight a smile cause aw he does still care. Also quick shout out to how freaking much I love the soft voice Oliver gets whenever he's talking to Felicity and only Felicity. I mentioned it a few episodes ago and I'm going to mention it again. #Olicity

I did love everyone's reactions to the reveal that Adrian was Prometheus and we got a bunch of awesome Oliver and Diggle moments cause you know how much I live for those. We also got a mention of Thea and Lyla and Diggle Jr who are constantly at Argus. I need more Argus in this show and tbh more of Lyla cause I love her. Also what in the world happened to Evelyn? She just straight up disappeared!

Next week looks like a bunch of Oliver torturing which is fun. Also Adrian needs to chill with the you touch everyone's lives bit cause like Dinah said we all touch each other's lives and that's what makes us human. Oh and Oliver's son that no one wanted to exist keeps being brought up. Do we really think something will come of this? I thought he was so underground that not even Oliver knew where he was? Also what secret is this that Adrian keeps shouting at Oliver to reveal? His biggest secret is that he's the Green Arrow and Adrian already knows that....

That's all for now!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment