Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Flash Season 3 Episode 17 Review

Guys I literally just finished this episode and I'm crying. Like literal tears down my face which is like a complete 180 from how much I was grinning throughout the rest of the episode. I cannot describe you the type of feels this episode gave me and how freaking much I loved it. I don't care that it was basically a filler episode and meant to be fun cause I loved it. After all the tension and brooding and darkness from the last couple of Flash episodes, we NEEDED this. People who skipped this episode based on it's silliness seriously missed out.

So I don't even know where to start... Let's go with the musical first. I freaking loved every single time anyone sang. I forgot how beautiful Melissa's voice was until she started with that first song and my heart literally melted when Jesse starting singing. I have such a soft spot for deep singing voices that I just can't not love them. The songs were all fun but the Super Friends song has to be my favorite cause I couldn't stop laughing during it. Melissa and Grant were having the time of their lives and you could see it! I loved the plot of the musical and how it was like West Side Story but also it was hilarious how the ending didn't even matter cause the musical wasn't the important part. I died when Barry and Kara rushed into the apartment and found Mon El and Iris making out. I also loved the twist that Music Meister wasn't a villain and just wanted to do some good unlike in other renditions of his character and I'm curious as to what he is in this world cause he mentioned that they wouldn't understand what he was so he's not a meta like he is in the comics or an alien or from one of the Earths in the multiverse. Maybe he's a interdimensional traveler like Mxy? Either way his exit was epic and totally dramatic. Also snaps to Darren Criss and his amazing singing voice too. While we're at it, let me just say everyone had amazing singing voices (except Chris and Candice who didn't sing cause I guess they don't know how but had these hilarious accents.)

Now let's go into the real world stuff before I talk couples. My poor baby Wally was a little gun-shy in the beginning of the episode cause of Savitar and the stuff that happened in the Speed Force but I think he might be past that now that he helped "capture" the Music Meister. Cisco and Caitlin's reactions to J'onn in his Martian form were funny and I loved Mon El's line about how there's more to J'onn than a pretty face. I did wish we got to see a bit more of his powers cause all he did was fly and punch Music Meister but it makes sense cause we didn't get much time in the real world.

The parallels between Westallen and Karamel was adorable and I was completely right in my review yesterday when I said that the artificial tension was made up specifically for this episode and I guess that's why both breakups were so awkwardly done and felt like they were both out of nowhere and completely overdone in drama. I'm glad we're past that in both shows. I do have to say despite loving the parallels between both couples, it did feel weird to compare the two cause on one hand we have Westallen this deeply explored relationship that spans three seasons and on the other we have Karamel who have only met this season. As a fan of Kara and Mon El, I do like the idea that if they're being compared to Iris and Barry who are clearly endgame, then that must mean that they will be endgame too or at least an important part of Supergirl?

Kara realized that she overreacted to Mon El's lie about being the prince and realized that he may not have told her the truth before because he feared that she'd overreact to the truth as she did based on how she reacted to him every other time he told her about something. Like I said, I'm glad we're past this dumb drama cause it was silly and just made Kara look like she was this judgemental stubborn person who refuses to ever see things from someone else's side. I still would like a real conversation between the two where Mon El tells her more about his life on Daxam.

Barry and Iris are literally just perfection and this episode made me love them again. I've been on the outs with their relationship recently because of how much Barry was irritating me and how I felt like he was treating Iris like garbage but guys I am such a girl and I MELT when a guy sings to a girl about his feelings so when Barry sang to Iris at the end of the episode and reproposed, I cried. Literal tears of joy were streaming down my face and I'm so glad that Iris got the proposal she deserves. Barry realized that sometimes you can't focus on the bad things and love will find a way!

Next week looks like more fun magic stuff with another villain from the future who knows Savitar's identity but won't admit the truth. Why does everyone know how to time travel? I'm still holding out hope for the idea that we'll unmask Savitar this season but not meet the person under the costume until next season and it turns out that that guy is really nice or whatever and the Star Labs crew hates him for obvious reasons which turns him evil.

Don't forget to check out my Arrow review tomorrow night!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment