Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Flash Season 3 Episode 15 Review

OMG THIS EPISODE KILLED ME! Barry continued to be a dick, the betrayer revealed himself/herself out of the blue and the fate worse than death made me gasp in both sadness and excitement! Let's jump in shall we??

So first up, Barry continued to be an ass this episode. Like I get it and everything that Barry loves Iris and the show has always made sure we understand that Barry would pick Iris over everyone but Barry needs to take a chill pill because he's starting to move from loving to obsessive and it's not cute. If I was Iris, I'd need space cause Barry is not thinking clearly. He yelled at Wally repeatedly for things that weren't in his control, lied to Iris about why he proposed, refused to let Julian say no about acting as a walkie talkie for Savitar and then stood there while Wally was sucked into the speedforce. I knew Iris and Barry weren't going to get married which is extra sad cause I love them and I thought the beginning of the episode where they told everyone was so sweet! I totally get where Iris was coming from and why she took the ring off by the end.

Let's talk about Julian and Caitlin and the prophecy. I really do feel for Julian and it was annoying how tunnel visioned Barry got so much so that he didn't even think about how terrible this must have been for Julian. I also thought it was ironic that they kept contacting Savitar through Julian because Barry didn't really know how Savitar got out in the future so what if they were messing with fate and somehow he got out through Julian. Like let's be more cautious people! Also this thing with Caitlin being the betrayer was so lame. We never once saw her act suspicious or run off to do things on her own so it felt like her stealing a piece of the Stone came out of nowhere. Ironically she also saved them for a while by doing so but no one thanked her. I didn't really get the ending where she apologized and Barry was like it's fine we were all scared cause she really wasn't to blame. I did feel for Julian when he was upset that maybe Caitlin invited him to the team just to use him. Also was it just me or was their kiss super awkward?

My poor baby Wally. He's been my favorite character on the show since he appeared cause he's my favorite speedster and blah blah blah if you've been following my Flash reviews so when he and Barry have a spat, I'm always on Wally's side. I thought Barry super overreacted at the whole Wally seeing Savitar thing. How would Wally have known that was really Savitar and not just a figment of his exhaustion? And let's be honest, Barry would have done the exact same thing. I was horrified when Wally was sucked into the speed force to take Savitar's place but at the same time, I was excited cause him getting stuck in the speed force is one of best parts of Wally's comic book storylines (as you all know cause I haven't been shy about saying it over and over.) Can we take a quick moment to ask ourselves why Barry just stood there as Wally was being sucked in instead of running to help? Does Barry literally only care about Iris? You know his ass would have never stopped running if she was being sucked in. I hope we get to see Wally learning things in the speed force cause that would be fun! His was the fate worse than death!

Next week looks like Barry will be entering the speed force to save Wally. I'm annoyed about this for several reasons. Firstly it looks like I was all excited for Ronnie's return for nothing cause he's only appearing to talk to Barry in a dream world and not going to be interacting with Caitlin at all. Secondly I wanted to see Wally in the speed force not Barry. I know this show is about Barry but why can't The Flash do something like Agents of SHIELD with Jemma and focus a whole episode on Wally or at least do a split storyline so we jump back and forth from Wally to the team. I feel like Barry won't be able to get Wally out cause we know that Wally isn't there to save Iris in the future so Wally must still be stuck when Iris is killed and plus if it's like Atlas and someone needs to take Wally's place, Barry isn't fast enough to do anything. Either way I'm excited to see what happens next week!

There's no Arrow this week so I'll see you Sunday for my Once Upon a Time review!

xoxo Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment